53 | they die in your arms (+ jsc!)

'ello, everybody! this is a continuation of the last chapter where you died in their arms. this is just the swapped version, and it's in regular format instead of one-shot :0 and YES this does still have jean, sasha, and connie in it! :D

just to note: this DOES contain spoilers. if the character dies in the series, then it's most likely that their actual death scene will be referenced here, but i'm not going to mark the ones like that as spoilers since that would defeat the purpose. i suggest that if you aren't sure, then don't read! other than that, hope you guys enjoy

-

Eren: It was the aftermath of Annie's attack on Wall Sina. Everyone had failed to capture her, something that felt so easy. And now there was nothing. No energy. Barely any of your friends left. No hope. Yet you somehow took comfort in seeing your wounded friend in bed, knowing that he tried. Eren Jaeger, the boy who would go down in history as the partial savior of humanity, was now dying. You took his limp hand in yours and found the courage to lay down next to him, cocooning him with your body. Little did you know that he was already dead, but it didn't matter. At least he was with someone.

Mikasa: When Mikasa said she would never give up again, you thought she would be better at keeping her promise. But nothing lasts, of course. Instead, you found her body slammed against the wall as Eren's titan rampaged on in Trost. You checked for a heartbeat, anything, but there was nothing. Was this it, though? You looked at her body again, hoping that she would come back to life somehow. It didn't happen, but what did was nothing short of a miracle. She used the last of her strength and raised her body towards you. Her final act was giving you a warm embrace. Sharing her love with you, making sure you knew how deep your bond was with each other. And you hugged back.

Armin: Levi decided. There was nothing you could do about it. The serum would be headed toward Erwin's arm. The two bodies lay limp on the rooftop, neither moving. But Armin...he looked in a terrible state, anyway. With his body shriveled up, black like a coal you would toss into a furnace, a staggering breath coming out every once in a while. You couldn't take it anymore. With all eyes on you, you made your way to his body and lifted it up into your arms, your hands singing at the burns. But you didn't care. All you wanted to do was mourn him, and Eren and Mikasa had the same idea. The three of you stayed there for a while at his side while you heard his heartbeat fade until it was nothing. How cruel was this world going to be to you?

Levi: Humanity's strongest, crushed by a boulder? One of the perks of dating Levi was that he was almost bulletproof in a sense that he could fend off any threat. Not this time, though. A rock thrown by the Beast Titan came hurling towards him and the commander. And then boom! He was gone. Or not...you saw him crawl out from beneath some rubble last second. You ran toward him and did your best to help him, but even he knew that it was no good. This was fate, and fate was terrible. And though he told you to drop him, to leave him behind, you just couldn't. You ended up holding him in your arms until the light in his eyes left. It hurt too much to bear.

Erwin: Disobeying direct orders from the commander was a risky thing. Did it matter if he was going to die either way, though? As you saw his arm get caught up in the mouth of a titan, there was no other choice for you but to turn back and go to him, screams coming out of your mouth. It was a nightmare, the way he was used like a chew toy. Then stomped on. Then gulped into the titan's mouth and spit out again. Even with the help of what seemed to be a hundred soldiers, it wasn't enough...but what was was the moment where you took his one arm and looked him in the eye. A silent moment, and then he passed, and you were stuck with the unspoken order of giving hope to the rest of the Survey Corps soldiers.

Hange: With Hange, you had managed to fend off two of Eren's rumbling titans. Two, and only two. That was the limit, and you knew for a painful reason: Hange lay there on the ground, run over by hundreds of Colossal Titans. All you could do was keep your eyes on the swarm of titans that ran her over. When they were gone, you saw her, her hands reaching to the sky. You dropped to her and saw that half of her body was scorched. You lifted up the other side of her body and watched her look to you, smiling. "They're wonderful creatures," she tried to smile, "aren't they?" You nodded, watching the alliance's plan take off in the distance.

Mike: A funny looking monkey titan that could talk was definitely not another one of humanity's allies hidden in disguise. It made that clear as it threw Mike's horse and both of your 3DM around, and all you could do was hold his hand. "A couple?" The titan laughed, grabbing Mike by the hair and separating the two of you by force. You called to him, and watched as it lifted him and then dropped him to the ground. There was a split second. You were frozen. And then it was too late. You ran to his body and listened to his screams, listened to how painful it was. You felt his last breath tingle your spine for some odd reason, like it was a sign that you should get revenge. And as you looked to the stupid beast and his face, you knew that that was what you were going to do.

Jean: You wanted to yell and punch Mikasa for thrusting her 3DM in Jean's neck, but it was no use. It was nothing more than an accident. A bad accident. A terrible, no-good, one that would leave you scarred for the next week or so. After a moment of anger, you shook your head and apologized to her for the outburst. But you couldn't help it. Jean couldn't, either. He coughed blood as he looked to you, holding him in his arms. "Well," he smirked, "at least I get to die with my crush holding me." What? Before you could ask, he closed his eyes and took a last breath. Make that week of being traumatized a few months - was he serious? You looked to Mikasa, who looked to Jean. You would never get to know the answer.

Sasha: Who was that kid? And why did she have a gun? Why did she shoot your best friend in the heart without a thought? As much as you wanted to kick her off and scream, you focused your attention on Sasha. Everyone was talking around you, but you managed to drown all of their words out. Only Sasha you could hear, her voice croaking. "Meat," she whispered. It felt like it was only to you, but everyone else heard it. And when you snapped out of drowning out the other's words and finally heard them, you realized the hard truth. She had died as you held her.

(aaaaand cue the gabi haters :I)

Connie: You hated everyone that said Connie wasn't fit to be a soldier. That he should pack up and go home. If that were true, then would it be possible for him to rank in the top ten out of hundreds of soldiers? Of course not. And that's why you had put your faith in him, a mistake. It was stupid of you to think that trying to get help was the same as being weak and doubting yourself. He really needed help! And yet you shrugged it off. Now he was sitting on the ground, chewed up and used as a snack. You didn't say anything as you held his body and watched him look to you, tears forming in the corners of his eyes. "I tried," he smiled, and nothing changed when you apologized. A titan's footsteps were coming close, so you had to put him down with no further words. But at least he forgave you, right?