2 | getting to know them

Eren:  After actually getting sick so that Dr. Jaeger could do a check-up on you, you started to hang around Eren for a bit more after that, even requesting to your parents to go to his house for some time. And after more visits, he slowly started to unravel himself to you in subtle ways, like bringing his toys of soldiers with him on the journey so that you could play with him. You found out that he had such a strong ambition to enter the Survey Corps, and you really admired it on a ton of different levels. Wanting to go into the military was one thing, wanting to devote your life to the Survey Corps was another. You respected that difference, and, although it seemed against the norm, you pledged that you would join the Survey Corps with him, changing your life long dream of becoming something else.

Mikasa: Feeling bad for the fact that Mikasa and her family was isolated in a forest near the edge of Shiganshina, you decided to take trips to their house more frequently. And, of course, like Eren, Mikasa started to grow warm towards you and share some of her own interests. She showed you how to sew and how to make clothes, how to tell which berries on the bush are ripe enough to eat and which are poisonous, life lessons like that. It seemed that she took such a liking for you, because, after about a month of you visiting, she finally started to smile at you, and that was the moment when you realized that both of you...were finally friends.

Armin: Still curious about the book that Armin showed to you, you eventually started to tell the same tales that Armin told you to your family along with him at school for show and tell and numerous other events. Yet, you never knew that he was so calm around you until you found out that people targeted him for being who he was. Nevertheless, you stood up for him and fought back, which, to him, showed to true you. He seemed to have a deep trust with you after you stood up for him, and he told you his deepest secrets along with Eren and Mikasa one day about himself, which  strengthened your bond with him even more.

Levi: The moment of your childhood where he looked with the glimmer in his eyes at you was already enough to convince you that you had a future within the Survey Corps. For three years, you did nothing but train to join, although you were offered a good spot as an MP that directly served in the capital. After joining, you slowly bumped into Captain Levi again, the same sparkle he had in his eyes (he was quite disappointing up close, however). And then a few days later after bumping into each other, you found yourself being invited to tea with him, only for him to instead of making pleasant conversation, throw sarcastic comments at you and ignoring every question that you threw back at him. It was quite odd that humanity's strongest acted like this, but you felt he had a small bias towards you because of the look in his eye. He was going to be quite the cookie to crack, that was for sure.

Erwin: Being called to a meeting with some of the high-ranking officers And some of the strongest soldiers in the SC was terrifying, yet, not very surprising. There, for the second time, you got to see Commander Erwin close up and personal as he talked about how the few of you would 'change humanity' for the better. Shortly after, the Commander quickly called you over and said that he was very busy this week and needed help rearranging the paperwork that he had on your free time if you wouldn't mind. You came and mustered up the courage to ask questions to him about the stressful life as a commander in the military and such and what was his motivation for joining the SC. Some questions he didn't respond in the most straightforward way, but it couldn't be helped, because you were already done with the paperwork that you needed to get done. Before you walked out of the doorway, he questioned what type of reward you would like for helping him, and you said that spending time with him was a reward in itself. There was silence, you waved goodbye, and the next day, you were called to his office to do more paperwork again, and it slowly became routine.

Hange: Apparently, giving your superior comfort was not something that Moblit would recommend. The scenario's aftermath of the two of you meeting resulted in you being shook by Moblit, who, in panic, told you not to do that. And, well, out of sheer curiosity, you talked to her again. She couldn't be that bad. So, in the end, you had a pleasant conversation with Hange about the titans in which you already learned her enthusiasm for capturing and learning about them, which was admirable(?) due to the fact that titans were monsters that killed humans. The conversation had a chain affect in which Hange slowly started to talk to you more and more and more about her other hobbies, like taking drawing lessons from Moblit in her free time and other things. Heck, only a week after you talked, you were invited to do experiments with her on her recently captured titan!

Mike: You thought hoped that encounter with Mike would be your last after the awkward silence that settled in when he started to sniff you. However, through your strolls through the Survey Corps halls, you encountered him more and more every single day. He must've noticed that you were quite uncomfortable with this...habit of his, and gave you a small apology, saying that he does this to every new recruit. Feeling more relieved knowing that it was just his thing, you sparked up some short conversations with him during your walks through the halls and gradually started to get to know him better, his squad as well. Your opinion on him had changed already in the span of about two weeks, and now, you didn't mind being around him, although there were still awkward silences with the two of you. It even made you happy that you got to know the soft side of him, maybe even a bit proud.