45 | aftermath of nightmares

happy friday! thank you to ThatsCrazy5 for requesting this preference about nightmares! as the title suggests, this is what happens when the character sees that you've woken up for one (specifically about them / a close one dying). i actually wrote this one a while back from the quotev book so the writing style may seem a bit off after last week's chapter. though i hope you guys enjoy! :D

(note: ERENS PART CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE MANGA! you have been warned, please don't read if you don't want spoilers!)

-

Eren: Death is something that Eren has gone through in his life many, many times. But when he hears your nightmare about him dying? That crossed the line by a mile. After you had one of those nightmares, he comforted you and wrapped you in his arms. For a while, he affirmed that something like that would never happen, would never be true or possible. That he would be by your side no matter what. But deep inside, he understood what lay beyond for his future, and the sad reality that at the end, there would only be one way to end it all: by ending himself. And the whole world with him, of course.

Mikasa: Like Eren, Mikasa is no stranger to the wonders of death. She hates it when you dream about these things. Hates to even think about it - the thought alone makes her head dizzy, and she ends up being more affected than you are. In the end, the two of you have to hug it out for a while, not saying anything. Sometimes it goes on for hours, but it's best to let it be and stay there. And maybe the two of you will go to sleep after. If you have nightmares again, you'll at least wake up on each other while hugging, right?

Armin: Out of all of the people in the world, Armin doesn't want to be the one that you dream about. "Dreams are scary and...I don't know. People sometimes predict the future with them," he said. And he did not like it at all when you dreamed one of his friend's / his death and broke the truth to him. He ended up panicking a little, crying silent tears as a headache started to come on. You do everything in your power to calm him down. And he assures you that he is, and it's just the way you described your nightmare that makes him nervous. But for the better, he actually calms down after a bit and relaxes.

Levi: Oh dear. Well, I'm not going to try to pretend like Levi is a stranger to nightmares and insomnia. I can't. But he's not inure to the effects of them on you. The emotions that he lets out after he finds out that you, the love of his life has had a nightmare? They're strong, especially for a man that's known to cover up his emotions. Very, very strong. He begins to panic. His breathing gets heavy, and he feels like if he wasn't able to hold you then he would lose his world and everything in it. And he doesn't know what to focus on, so he concentrates on breathing. In and out, inhaling and exhaling. After much assurance, he sends you to bed again, careful to watch your every move. He is not letting your nightmare become reality no matter what.

Erwin: A busy man, Erwin doesn't have a lot of time on his hands to sleep with you. But on the occasions he does, he realizes something about you: your nightmares. You've been describing them for a while now. Trauma, past lovers, even death. He was always there to comfort you about them, but never saw you experience one. As he caught you in the middle of one, he was quick to wake you up and have you describe what you saw. It wasn't pretty. At all. And Erwin took a moment to think about it. He gave you a hug, a kiss, and tucked you in bed again as he too went under the sheets. But before you were able to sleep, you wondered what would have happened if you dreamed about him. Would he say that he deserved that to happen to him? As you shut your eyes, the thought went out of your mind. Maybe he would.

Hange: "Hey, are you okay?" While you may have not realized you were in the middle of a nightmare and not in reality, Hange did. How many times she's done this, you can't count, but it's always the same routine. She sits you down and gets you a nice cup of hot chocolate or coffee, and has you talk about it. Free therapy, basically. Which is nice, considering that no matter how scary your dream is, Hange listens in. And as she sips her own drink and gives you advice, you can already feel yourself getting sleepy again. You love having a scientist as your partner.

Mike: Mike has good senses. That means that in the snap of a finger, he knows when your dream goes from good to the worst. He wakes you up at first and gives you a sniff. He's...somehow able to tell what you've been dreaming about. When the topic is death, he doesn't know what to say. He gives you a small pat on the back and asks if you want to stay up for a while. Not only to get your mind off of it, but so he can do anything to ease your mind, like a nice bath or good book. But you usually fall asleep half way through, and he gets to tuck you in, ready for when you have your next nightmare.