85 | working with kids

*crawls out of grave* HEYYYYY i'm BACK! apologies for the delay, i got a job that made me work on fridays so i had to figure something out B) i'm thinking of doing a schedule where i only update one book per week (quotev aot pref, then wattpad aot pref, then jjba scenarios, and then a break) to make things lighter on me but at the same not leave you guys stranded with no content

anyway this chapter was a quotev request about you and the characters working with kids! my new job actually has me working with them so some of these are kinda inspired by my experiences lol. hope you all enjoy!

also if you gave me a request in the past few months are so you might want to dm them to me, i basically forgot most of them :( IM SORRY

-

Eren: Let's just get straight to the point. Eren is not the best at working with kids. His short temper easily provokes him to yell a little more than you should in a room full of seven year old's, so that's where you come in. It's sort of like shifts. When Eren's had enough, you step in. And when you've had enough, Eren tries again to contain his emotions. However, the two of you work best when the kids are telling their personal stories. In sadder places like orphanages and hospitals, Eren will willingly sit through a child's story for HOURS on end. Hearing the possible injustices that have happened to them fuel his fire for working with you to keep them happy. Sometimes you feel like you've never seen him more passionate.

Mikasa: I don't know whether her mom instincts come from being overprotective of you and Eren / Armin or it comes with the Ackermann power bundle, but nevertheless it's GREAT. On top of being good at it, she also enjoys taking care of kids. You can tell she feels right at home, especially working in places like orphanages where she can immediately connect with everyone. She even encourages you to interact with the kids more. More often than not, both of you will end up having your hair braided, your clothes dirty from chasing all the little ones, and your hands scribbled in with markers. It's exhausting...but the fun type.

Armin: Armin can be a little bit of a wreck around kids. They get all over and they're so hard to manage, especially when you two are put in charge of over 20 at a time. Yikes. Good news, though. You're always reassuring Armin that everything will be okay. When a kid is acting goofy, you'll take care of it while he goes on with something like a lesson or activity. And after a while, there's a nice rhythm you get used to. Armin actually found out he's good at managing little kids, just as long as all of them are listening. They love to listen to him when he tells stories and reads books; it calms them down like a charm. You always let him take a break so you can take over. It's easy for him to overwork himself sometimes.

Levi: Kids are dirty, filthy, kinda miserable...regardless, Levi is still willing to work with them. He definitely feels attached to kids growing up in poorer areas, and is happy you want to help them as well. He often teaches them lessons on how to be resourceful and make the best of bad situations. It's interesting to see how many life lessons he has for toddlers, but he pulls it off really well. More times than not you listen in as well. When the two of you have a break / leave for the day, he tells you about how therapeutic this sort of work is. What makes it better for him is working with you. He thinks letting the kids see that someone similar to them having such a good partner makes them feel like their future will be brighter.

Erwin: Dang Erwin, never knew you were the coolest undercover dad to ever dad on this planet. Okay. Seriously. This man is such a genius working with little kids. The interaction comes very natural, and he helps you to interact with them and build conversation. When it's time to do things like line up, sit down, etc, all he has to do is use that kinda scary Commander voice and all of them will be at his command. It's kind of turned into an inside joke, with both of you calling the kids your little soldiers LMFAOO. Anyway, the kids love the two of you. Whenever you come, all either of you get are hugs and asks for piggy back rides and it's the best.

Hange: It's really easy to forget that you're working with Hange. They're the type to indulge their inner kid when working with children, and that's a GOOD thing. Interactions between them and the kids come so easily. It's even cuter because they're all so respectful and accepting of Hange's gender / pronouns, we love to see it :D Since Hange has the same energy as the kids, controlling their mood is easy peasy. While they interact with them, you can do all the technical work like get activities ready or make sure everything is safe. If you want to interact as well then it's even better. Hange is really good at smoothly including everyone in activities and making sure everyone, even you, is having fun!

Mike: For someone who talks as much as a tree, Mike is super good at handling kids. He's not even that intimidating (well, at least to you), but all the kids you work with immediately simmer down when he tells them to shush. All of them think his smelling people habit is kind of funny, too. The people at the orphanage / place you're in are kind of confused, though it's a good thing. If a kid ever goes missing, then it's easy for him to track them down by sheer scent. He's usually just patrolling around while you play with them. But there are some occasions where you two settle down with the kids and go inside to do a group activity, like read a book or watch a movie. Honestly? It's pretty relaxing.