74 | beach dates

haaaaaaaPPY friday! if you did, thank you for checking out the aot project i promoted on the last preference! if you didn't, then i still suggest checking it out! this preference is small but fitting considering summer is coming up, as well as the end of school dkfdjk i'm so tired of everything rn but oh well. hope you guys are doing good!

qotd: do you have any summer glow-up plans? what are they plz share i need help

-

Eren: While most couples would be interested in watching the sun set over the gorgeous ocean, you and Eren are out at around six o'clock trying to catch the sun rise. Barely anyone was there, so it felt like the two of you owned the whole beach. Since it would be more fun to explore without the hassle of crowds, both of you decide that it would be fun to take a long walk across the sands and the nearby boardwalk. In the sand, you mark hearts and write love confessions to each other, only to have them swallowed up by the sea. That sucked, but you at least got a good view of the sun, right?

Mikasa: How does Mikasa see a beach? To give you her perspective, she thinks that they're noisy, honestly a little annoying, and no fun if everyone is everywhere. But the thought of having some solid alone time near a couple of rocks, watching the shore waves beat up and down the sand...that's really romantic to her. Instead of just idle time and watching the water, though, you decide that it would be much more festive to bring a couple of snacks. It ends up being an amazing bonding time between the two of you - munching on a couple of cheese cubes while soaking in the sun.

Armin: As weak as he is, Armin can't resist playing a bunch of beach sports while he's on the sands. While he's not the best offense, he's definitely the best strategizer. Remember that snowball fight mentioned a couple of chapters ago? Forget that. Armin is out for total revenge. He's organizing you and the rest of the team left and right, calling every single shot he can get. While it might be ridiculous, it gets the job done. Volleyball, tennis, you name it - your team unapologetically wins every one. Sorry, Mikasa. Not this time.

Levi: Enough said, Levi is a total vampire. You want to get a sun tan? He wants to avoid it like the plague. Do you want to get out in the water? He would rather stay under the nice shade of the umbrella with a towel under him to avoid all those crusty sand bits. You have to literally drag him out to do anything. But when you do, Levi goes through a total epiphany of what having fun at the beach really is. Like...after realizing the water isn't that bad, he can do swim races with you and toss a ball around like a little kid. Even just a simple walk around sounds appealing to him all the sudden. So...scratch the vampire thing for sure. Levi loves the beach.

Erwin: You guys are already a classy, Pinterest board couple. When it comes to the beach, though, it's easy to get a little carried away with the small things...and the big ones, too. Laying on the sand or a pathetic towel? No, you have to make a small tent / canopy to rest in. Eating? That's not just a simple occasion. It has to be at sunset, in candlelight, and while the ocean waves are just right. Is it extra? Yes. But does anything go wrong in the process? No, because this is Erwin Smith, the classiest man ever, who just so happens to be a very big simp for you.

Hange: There's this Japanese game called Suikawari - also known as watermelon splitting in English. Screw regular beach sports, Hange would totally do this would you on a beach date. Suikawari is basically a piñata hitting game, but the piñata is a watermelon and it's on the floor of a beach if that makes any sense. You fear for Hange's safety while they're trying it out, but they don't care in the slightest. They go all out with the bat until they hit the watermelon. When that eventually happens, you try it with a different one (somehow ending up worse than Hange's attempt), and the two of you end up eating the spoils. Chaotic, but still very fulfilling.

Mike: I cackle at the image of Mike letting you bury him in the sand, but...he would definitely let you. Straight-up, a good chunk of your date is you and the other veterans crowding around, practically racing to bury this man. He's chill with it, though. After you successfully dig his grave, he poses with some sunglasses on. He doesn't come out for a while, but you have the genius idea of recreating this with his cooperation. Being brutally honest, though, it took a couple of tries before you could get it. Neither of you could stop laughing.