67 | pocky challenge

happy friday! hope you guys enjoyed that valentines day special :D going back to the regular stuff, this is a cute preference based around a challenge with a yummy chocolate stick! i hope you guys enjoy and have a fantastic weekend! just a heads up i won't be updating next week due to school related events i have to plan for, so see you guys hopefully in two weeks!

qotw #2: fav underrated anime? lol ill drop a rec of mine in the comments soon

-

Eren: The two of you were known to get into shenanigans, but not romantic ones like this. Especially not when it was the two of you out in public, surrounded by friends and their phones. Who, by the way, also happen to be cheering you on. For comfort, you imagined it as the Lady and the Tramp spaghetti scene. Only...less graceful. No, nevermind - you couldn't think about him like that, could you? Anyway, Eren didn't know at all how to do this and pulled you in for a kiss like you were actually going to relive the spaghetti scene. For that one moment of the kiss, it was amazing. Until Eren, being the goofbag he is in a modern AU, almost choked on the pocky stick and had to spit it out before Armin called an ambulance.

Mikasa: What couple could go without a romantic bucket list? Apparently not you and Mikasa. On it was a wacky list of things she wanted to do before one of you, well, kicked the bucket, and one of them was the pocky challenge. She wanted it to be something in private, but she made the extra (and unnecessary) step of lighting candles and getting into the atmosphere. Her delicate fingers slipped a stick out of the box, and, as expected, it sat there in your mouth as you stared into her eyes. Five or so minutes went by, and the temperature felt a little...hotter? Maybe it was because of the candles, but at the last few seconds, Mikasa broke the stick and put it on the table. She cupped your face in your hands and gave you a tender kiss all of the sudden, but why would you resist?

Armin: Fanfiction involves a lot of pocky and kissing. And Armin decided that he was going to make fiction into reality with a small video tutorial he found on Youtube. The recipe for this simple note of affection only required two ingredients: a pocky stick, and, of course, you. He was nervous as first, trying to get everything right so that you could take a photo or something to prove to the world that the two of you weren't just some dorks who share a few fandoms. Unfortunately, however, it was so nice to share a moment with him that you forgot all about snapping a picture to go on Instagram. He ended up being a little upset after, but you did say that the pocky proved that fingers to type aren't the only spread words. Everyone would be as happy knowing the story by word. Even if no one would believe it at first...

Levi: Here we go. You might be thinking, 'wait, Levi would never do this', and you're right. He wouldn't. Not under special circumstances. Those special circumstances that the pocky has to be drenched in some sort of non-toxic and safe hand-sanitizer, both of you put gloves on before doing it, and it only stays your mouths for less than 0.4 seconds. And you might also think that he's being insane, but he's refused to do this until you started to literally beg on your knees for him to comply. At least he did, though. And for the 0.3 seconds that your noses bumped and your eyes looked into each other's, you understood that Levi was risking his 'health and safety' to show some love to you. And that on its own made you happy.

Erwin: As everyone ought to know, modern Erwin is a little slow when it comes to all this modern culture and whatnot, even though he's not anywhere near being a boomer (thank god). So when he hears about you and this...pocky challenge thing, he begs the question: "Why?" And you say it's a cute things that couples do for fun and nothing else. That explains it well enough for him, and he eventually decides to research on it (including reading some cringe fanfic but we don't talk about that :) ) and also decides that the topic is interesting enough to warrant a try from the two of you. At first, it's a little tense since he thinks that it's the spaghetti scene all over again and he's trying to eat the pocky...But after a few other tries, he finally understands that it's less about the food and more about the moment. When he does, the two of you smile at each other as you jokingly eat the pocky away, and he does the same.

Hange: As soon as you started to date Hange, the idea of the pocky challenge popped up in both of your heads. It was silly, but cute, also a little intimate if you wanted it to be...you get the point. It was everything they wanted to try out, and it was also everything you wanted to try out. So you bought the pocky and put it in both of your mouths and everything was going great. Until, that is, you didn't really know what to do after blushing and looking away a lot. The fanfics never explained this. Some take the pocky out of their mouths. Some others eat it, but...Hange wasn't doing either. When you asked when to stop, they said nothing and continued to be a red hot mess and...yeah. It went on until they actually fell asleep, which was a while after the pocky should have been done with. Needless to say, the next time you're doing something like this, you're going to have a more detailed game plan.

Mike: You and Mike wanted to try the challenge for different reasons - Mike because he liked the physical attention and the pocky smelled super good for him. And you because it was going to be really silly staring at your boyfriend who couldn't stare back because of how much of his head was covered by his bangs. Anyhow, the pocky was put into your mouths and Mike was really excited. He kept twitching and apparently in the middle of a mid-life crisis wondering if he should hold your head or not. But at the end, when it was all done and over, he uttered some words that you were expecting after an experience like that: "Let's do it again sometime."