30 | reacting to their finale

AW FR*CK AOT ENDED...as rushed as 139 might have seemed to me, and how many loose threads there were for fans to do nothing but make headcanons for, i was satisfied with the end. or more likely the journey that took me there...i'm super grateful for isayama, who's brought this series into our lives and made a whole community come together for his characters - thank you, yams, ily...and i love you guys too :D

i hope you enjoy, but obviously THERE ARE SPOILERS HERE FOR THE LAST CHAPTER!!! GO OUT AND READ IT IF YOU CAN BUT OTHERWISE YEAH

Eren: When you read the ending, you gave Eren this fishy look. How in the world did his character amount to this? Is what your eyes said. And he shrugged in return. "Well, I was literally dying. I couldn't really say anything coherent. Sorry about that," he tried to smile. But of course, it didn't work. And his excuse didn't, either. Something felt a little funny about how he held his breath after he said that, but oh well. Pester him all you want, you're not getting an answer on if his conversation with Armin was the actual truth. Only Ymir knows.

Mikasa: This chapter made you feel sorry about ever calling Mikasa the obsessed out of the main trio. You asked her how it felt to conclude her story, and how it made her feel to be Ymir's chosen one. Her answer? "It feels strange. Like so many burdens were piled up on me at once, being an Azumabito and Ackerman and the chosen parallel...but nothing hurts more than losing Eren." And that was the time she confessed that she wasn't going to lose you, either. And you believed her after reading everything she's gone through.

Armin: Out of everyone in this roster, Armin HAD to know everything that Eren wouldn't explain. And oh boy, you didn't even have to ask him for him to deliver answers - he was flinging them left and right at you no matter what! He was a big fanatic about seeing the volcanoes and the ocean again when he was a kid, fulfilling his dream. There was the time where he punched Eren, and he told you that it was the most satisfying thing in the world to finally win against him. But the real kicker was getting to call him pathetic. Though you weren't the only one who felt like his lines and Eren's were a little forced - Armin thinks the same way, too.

Levi: Levi was the one who didn't really want to talk about it. This freaking chapter destroyed him more than it destroyed a majority of this fanbase. The way he saw everyone else's faces appear and then be gone in the smoke was honestly the most iconic moment in this chapter, and it took all of his energy and heart...though he was actually willing to talk to you about being pushed in a wheelchair by Gabi and Falco and all that. He hated it. A lot. But at least he could live on with the knowledge that Zeke was gone.

Erwin: Well, our commander never truly saw what was in the basement. Buuuut he does acknowledge the significance of his cameo, and how much it meant for him to be in the awe-inspiring role of commander. Not a lot of words for this, considering that a cameo is all he had. Though he still enjoyed his time, and is glad that Levi executed his promise and can live on...with no regrets, of course. And now he can also live with no regrets. With you.

Hange: So close! Hange was super duper close to the ending, but they unfortunately didn't make it. It sucks, but like Erwin, Hange loved her small cameo. Seeing Levi on his knees with the salute made them want to cry. Yet it felt so good to finally move on, to finally have their mysteries solved...if they ever see Eren again, though, they're definitely going to ask him some serious questions about Ymir.

Mike: Not much to say here, either. He's glad Levi killed off that stupid monkey bastard he had his eyes out for ever since he died. And that everyone is safe. Though he seriously can't believe it. It's over? Humanity is moving on? (well, not really, but still). He's going to miss his role in the military, and as awkward as it sounds, he really wants to go back into that life. For nostalgia. And his friends...