18 | cooking w them

this is one of my fav preferences that i've written lel

Eren: Let me get this straight: Eren is by far one of the worst cooks in the AOT universe due to him being the type that goes 'does it really matter if I put this much in?'. In the end, something bad happens and you two have no choice but to order takeout or something from a fast food place. During the entire time, you love being snarky and saying stuff like "wow! I bet we could have made this a few hours ago!" and "you know what? We should try to get the recipe to this and cook it tomorrow," to really piss him off. He doesn't really care or listen, though. The next time he cooks, be weary and make sure he turns the stove off, okay? I'm getting some bad vibes from him.

Mikasa: Because of her mother instincts, Mikasa loves cooking. And eating. As long as it's with you, of course. No matter how difficult the recipe is, she manages to cook it with ease without your help and make it look like it's something out of Hell's Kitchen. When eating with you, she loves to 'check on you' as if you're actually her kid or something, making sure you're not choking or whatever. On the inside, she's really worried if you like the food or not and if it fits your specific taste, making lots of nitpicks here and there about everything there is to criticize. In the end, though, you love her cooking, and she loves yours.

Armin: Armin and cooking are like two puzzle pieces. He loves cooking; his grandfather has this super old cook book which both of you love to make food out of. Since you two have great teamwork, the dish comes out flawlessly. Heck, Armin doesn't even mind about adding cute extra details to it; a little smiley face on the cherry pie, arranging the lettuce on the salad to look like a heart, stuff like that. He loves watching as you light up when you react to it! It sucks that the two of you have to eat it, but, hey, at least it came out really well. Both of you love eating whatever it is on the couch and looking out of the window, watching the world and time go by, possibly cuddling after.

Levi: Cooking is definitely not one of his fortes, but he tries to do it anyways. His knack for hygiene and getting things just right helps with the presentation of the dish, though, not with the flavor. In fear of him getting mad or doubting himself, you don't speak about how bad it is. You just...excuse yourself to go to the bathroom afterwards (he knows that it tastes bad, but to him, food is food). Other than the bad food, you love bonding in different ways while eating, whether it be watching movies and YouTube, or just getting some z's on the couch. Surprisingly, he's a total sucker for lazing off after meals - resting his head on your lap while you finish up your food is one of his favorite pastimes. Just...don't you dare spill anything on him.

Erwin: Probably a total sucker for feeding you. Yes, Erwin loves actually treating you like his child and putting the food in your mouth. And probably a total sucker for cooking and eating with you. He makes great meals for you (dare I say better than Mikasa) and loves it when you love them. Not only that, but he loves to talk to you while you're eating, asking you about your day and how miserable it must have been without him (it's not arrogance, he just knows) and how he can spoil you tomorrow and the day after. Think of those sweet candle-lit dinners beside a crackling fire, no annoying cadets in the Mess Hall to bother the two of you as you dine on Erwin's desk.

Hange: Hange likes to think of the kitchen as her second lab, and the Mess Hall table as her third. She loves to experiment with different types of ingredients in her dish to see which ones warm up to each other the fastest. It's pretty hit or miss, most of her dishes unfortunately missing the mark by a couple of miles off. Or not? Hange always loves her crazy concoctions she cooks up for you and her to enjoy. And when I say that the Mess Hall is like her third science lab, you better believe me. She loves eating with the rest of her squad and smiling with sheer joy when you taste it.

Mike: Remember when I said in parenthesis that Erwin's dishes are probably better than Mikasa's? Uh, well, Mike's are better than Erwin's. His cooking is superior compared to anyone in the AOT universe (except Nanaba, but that's debatable?). You should feel honored to have him cook meals for you, no joke. Every time you take your first bite of his food, he watches with a super smug smile, knowing that you'll be asking for seconds. While eating, he loves to nod and wink at you to communicate as you're busy wolfing down your entire plate. He loves patting your head and playing with your hair as you nod and smile back at him.