73 | watching scary movies

HAPPY FRIDAY! as you may notice, there is a video link above! it's for a manga dub my friend is co-directing, and i'm proud to say that i'm part of the team working on it! i've been chosen to be an artist (manga panel colorer) and am SUPER excited for this. the rest of the crew has been working especially hard on this and if you're interested, feel free to check it out! i'm also going to be drawing the pfp for the yt channel that'll post the manga dub, so yeah!

anyway, this chapter is all about horror movies! i advise you to not read ahead if you're a little squeamish or do not want spoilers from the following movies:

pet sematary
carrie
the shining
hereditary
the purge: election year
child's play

and don't forget, a war in russia and ukraine is still happening. not making headlines does not mean you shouldn't be aware of it D: i know i haven't talked a lot about it recently but i don't want to seem like i'm joining a bandwagon or whatever. people are still dying and it's terrible, and we're literally in the middle of an important event. there's not really a reason to not at least try and understand what's going on

with all that being said, please enjoy this preference and have a great weekend!

Eren:

"You're...you're home!" Dr. Creed shouted from the parameters of the huge flatscreen that you and Eren had bought with a year's worth of savings to Eren's disbelief.

"No!" He cupped his face in his hands. You pat the back of his head for some relief. Though that wasn't enough, and he stuck right to your side like a magnet would stick right to a fridge. "Oh God," he shook his head, "I hate this. I hate this, I hate this..."

"Shut up and watch," you rolled your eyes.

"Fine..."

From the corner of your eye, you watched as his face scrunched up into a ball of pure terror.

The scene changed to Dr. Creed washing Ellie. Eren's face loosened a little, but still kept the same general expression as he heard the tingle of him brushing her hair.

"That is not how you brush hair," he shook his head. His head shaking turned into him jolting up and down after he heard a loud crack from the TV. "THAT IS NOT HOW YOU BRUSH HAAAAIR!"

After a few more agonizing moments of labored breathing from Eren, the two of you watched even closer as Dr. Creed found the stitches in his daughter's head. You smacked your hand on his mouth to prevent him from screaming like a little baby.

"What is it?" Ellie asked.

"I can't TAKE THIS MOVIE ANYMORE!" Eren smacked your hand right back to your side. He grabbed the remote and smashed pause, only for him to shake his head and resume it again. You had your mouth wide open in terror of what in the world had just happened. Eren having a breakdown over a simple scene would be much scarier than the rest of the movie.

Mikasa:

The two of you were still embracing, just as you were for the past hour or so to relieve the anxiety found in your hearts after succumbing to the temptation of watching an R rated horror flick. Mikasa didn't like to admit it, nor show it, but she hated these sort of things. No matter how fearless she was, you could see it in her eyes that she would bawl her heart out if one of the characters died...

When the bucket of blood was poured, the two of you got impossibly closer. Mikasa was shaking. You were, too.

But it got worse when Carrie's eyes moved to the soundtrack. The two of you let out soft whimpers with each and every note of the music and her eyes widened to the point where they were almost about to pop right out of their sockets.