61 | coffeeshop crush (zeke)

happy...tuesday??? ;-; the schedule for this has been really inconsistent, i'm sorry. but i got a little overwhelmed with school starting back up on a thursday (out of all days?) + i also have to write for the jojo book and the aot one on quotev (where all these preferences come from). 

this was a request by MarianneWoodland, who wanted a zeke x reader in a coffeeshop au. the request mentioned tension and i'm not sure if i really nailed that part lol. it's okay, but i might write a part 2 to redeem myself and send it to the requester. i hope you enjoy and thank you for requesting! have a great rest of the week you guys :D

-

Shoot.

As a barista, you haven't been intimidated by many situations. You weren't really supposed to. Your job consisted of multitasking the register and a few easy-to-operate pieces of equipment. 

But this? This situation scared you more than anything else:

Zeke Jaeger - famous blogger and brother of the also iconic Eren Jaeger - had just strut into your freaking coffeeshop. You ran into his content from scrolling on Insta for a solid while, and also admittedly enjoyed some of his photos and articles. You had no idea he was near your town.

What the heck? When was the last time someone you knew could say that they had eye contact with someone internet famous? Much less this good-looking?

"Gooood afternoon," you spun around, hands fidgeting by opening and closing. A sweat drop rolled down your forehead. 

You, a college boy on the verge of serving a mid-twenties viral star around the same age as you...something about it was very hard to process. It didn't even seem that unbelievable, yet the idea had flown around your mind and had definitely struck you with a newfound sense of intimidation.

"Hello," he whipped his phone out, scrolled, and tossed it back in his pocket. "Sorry, I'm a bit busy."

"Oh!" You smiled, though your façade of calm was quickly whirring away. "That's fine, uh...what would you like, Mr. Jaeger?"

Crap, you scolded yourself, straightening your lips. Now he's gonna bring it up and make this moment last longer- though...I guess that's not really a bad thing...but it kinda is???

Zeke raised his eyebrows. With an adjustment of his glasses, the man put a straight face on. "Ah, sorry...I'm not really in the mood for photos at the moment or anything if you were going to ask. I-"

"No, no! That's okay. That's..." you shook your head. It felt like everything was racing at you at 500 miles per hour even though all you did was stand in his presence. "Anyway, what would you like to order?"

"Nothing coffee related, just a muffin. Didn't have lunch and I'm in a hurry."

"Of course!" You opened the display case under you, regaining your cool. "I'm a fan, by the way."

"Cool. As I said, not really in the right spot for anything with fans."

You came back from the display case with a blueberry muffin on top of a napkin. Sliding it across the countertop, you watched as it slid past Zeke and onto the floor.

Oh boy, you scolded yourself, looking up at him. "Sorry, let me just get you another one."

"Please," he said. An undertone of impatience weighed out in his voice with a small huff. What would happen if you couldn't do this simple order? You would ruin your chances of good association with him, probably get fired for messing this up- okay, maybe not, but still.

Behind him, you noticed that there were a few people with their heads peeked up from their phone in interest. Bad interest.

"I am really sorry," you repeated, getting another muffin from the case and this time, deciding to keep it still on the countertop. "I'll just give it to you free of charge-"

"I'll pay. I'm not that in a rush." He took the muffin. You slid over to the cash register, which was...

"Jammed," you grit your teeth, not even attempting to deal with it. "Just pay cash - two dollars, as the menu says."

"Mmm hmm," he pulled out his wallet (not as nearly as fast as he did with his phone) and flipped for some change. Of course, he didn't let you see how much he had, but you assumed it was a lot. "Here."

You took the bills and smiled. "Thank you for your service, Mr. Jaeger! Again, really big fan."

"No problem," he nodded and gave a small wave.

You had a voice in your head talk to you, whispering for you to make your move. But as Zeke moved out the door in a rush, the bell overhead clanging as a sign of a customer gone, it was too late. You might have survived the initial meeting, but it sucked that you might not ever see him again...

Looks like you had another  unresolved crush on your hands.