82 | you're scared of storms

happy friday! this preference is made by LEWoFGURL and is pretty simple: what happens when you're scared of storms? i like the little phobia chapters i write because ngl i'm kinda scared of storms too (bigger ones) and hate powerouts. so yeah, hope you guys enjoy and have a good weekend!

-

Eren: To distract you from the storm, Eren has a lot of ideas up his sleeve. You could bingewatch shows and movi, play some peaceful games like Animal Crossing that help with stress, or listen to some music. No matter what you decide, Eren is always close to you. Literally - his hand is always on your back comforting you, or he lets you put your head on his shoulder (insert music reference here). If the power goes out, then he'll hug you to sleep. But if your paranoia is too much for sleeping, then he'll talk to you. Heck, he might whip out his meme collection on his phone and try to make you laugh.

Mikasa: Mikasa's approach to helping you is just...being there. She doesn't talk much. She doesn't really do much. What she does do is just comfort you with hugs, kisses, and pats on the head. She'll occasionally whisper to you that it'll be okay, too. Eventually, she might even spill a secret. She's ALSO scared of storms, and has been since she was a little kid. Her mother taught her a really beautiful lullaby that would calm her down. And now? She passes it on to you. It's...in Japanese, so you can't really understand. But knowing that Mikasa knows your fears and is trying to help you is definitely comforting.

Armin: Mikasa isn't the only one that was scared of storms as a kid. Armin was, too, and he knows all about your anxiety. Unlike what some other people in this preference might try to do, the first thing that Armin does is affirm your fear. Instead of telling you that there's nothing to worry about, he tells you that the storm IS scary. He tells you he understands, and then proceeds to say that even though the storm is scary, you still have him. And he'll stick by your side until it's over, and that he won't let anything harm you.

Levi: The first thing that Levi does is drag you down to the basement and lock the doors. It's not that he's scared of storms, he hates them. Does that make sense? He's not worried that it'll hurt him, but he's just really annoyed by the annoying sounds and hates the fact that it can get a little chilly (along with other things). When you're scared, Levi just tries his best to comfort you and then take a little bit of time to breath for himself. He encourages you to do the same. Inhale, exhale, close your eyes, and try to not think of anything else. If it doesn't work, he might just have you two be occupied with some sort of task / chore.

Erwin: There's no need to be scared of storms when Erwin's around. He'll just have you sit on his lap. As long as the rain pours down, he'll hold you in his strong arms and tell you that everything in the end will be fine. If he's working on paper work, he'll rock you back and forth and sometimes even give some small talk to make some sort of conversation. Don't forget the food, too. If talking to you can't get the weather off your mind, then he'll get you some dessert / whip up a quick but very tasty dinner.

Hange: Hange always quotes that humans are only scared of things they don't know. And if humans don't know something, they should learn it. Storms are no exception to this. If they ever catch you scared while there's thunder booming outside, Hange will use all her knowledge about the weather to comfort you. They'll say that as long as both of you stay in the basement and be wise about how you use power, then there'll be nothing to worry about. For most of the storm, they're going to be talking on and on about fun facts and trivia to distract you. And once you realize, everything has gone back to normal OR you've fallen asleep.

Mike: I like to headcanon that Mike has sensory issues and gets overloaded easily. In this case, he would most likely have a pair of sound-proof headphones for you so you won't have to be stressed by the sounds of thunder. He'll shut all the windows and turn on some lights. If you want to go to sleep, he'll stay with you in bed until you are. And if the pets aren't scared, then you can also snuggle with them. There's not much to say here but...man, if there was a storm and I had to pick someone on this roster to be with? I would choose Mike.