88 | going to a loud concert

HAPPY FRIDAY AND WELCOME BACK TO AOT PREFERENCES B) this week we have a quotev request about, well, going to a loud concert! i'm trying to pack more content in these to make up for having such a bad schedule but don't mind me aha. hopefully you all enjoy and have fun reading

ALSO if you've made a request by commenting please resend it in my dms, i don't check my notifications on here much but if you message me about it i'm more likely to remember. if you still prefer to comment that's okay, but please leave it on the first chapter so i can keep track of them more (theoretically). if i ever skip your request or something, please tell me so i can go back to it :0 TYSM FOR 400K READS WOO

-

Eren: Once upon a time, you and Eren had a bucket list. On it was an unchecked box that prompted you to go to a concert, which is something that pushed you a little out of the comfort zone. The day came when Eren finally decided to grab some sweet front-row seat tickets, and the two of you spent an hour driving to the venue. For hours on end before, you had researched proper etiquette and things to bring to make it a fun adventure, and one of them was earplugs. Genius, right? Well, sort of. You thought of the plugs as a one-way savior that made all the songs go to the perfect volume for listening, though that thought was anything but right. It was still WAY too loud, even when you had them in and covered your ears. You could feel the vibrations coming up from the ground and shaking you. Eren also realized this and had a look on his face that told it all: something along the lines of "what the heck? I don't know what to do." Both of you decided to head towards one of the less crowded areas and take a chill pill for a while. Noticing that getting rid of the people helped, you decided to stay there with him and a pack of concessions food for the rest of the night and chill. To your surprise, Eren wasn't upset about it. He was just glad there was a way to stay back from the noise.

Mikasa: As much as Mikasa loves music, there are just some scenarios where she can grow sick of it. One of them is when it's too loud, which is the down side to having a sharp sense of hearing. When you guys decided to go to a fun concert, neither of you expected for anything to blast your eardrums. However, it happened. Instead of dancing and humming along to all the songs, Mikasa found herself covering her ears and shaking her head. And you, also knowing that everything around was way too loud, did the same. Since it was too loud to speak, you sent a text message to tell her that the two of you should stay in the bathrooms for the rest of the time. Even though the music could barely be heard through the walls, at least no one was dying of ear damage in there. Besides, you two got to spend some quality time together.

Armin: Let's get one thing clear: neither of you didn't expect it to be this loud. Heck, you didn't even think of going in the first place - Jean, Connie, and Sasha just happened to snag some extra tickets and decided to invite you guys for fun. You and Armin agreed since there couldn't be that much harm in going. Unfortunately, there was. As soon as the main event started, you felt your ears shaking. It was louder than being next to a tornado siren (trust me it's so annoying). Armin noticed your discomfort. He managed to rumble through his pockets and find a spare set of ear plugs for you to wear. It helped, but what really made it better was him holding your hand and assuring you it was going to be okay. Jean, Connie, and Sasha were also mindful and helped the group move to a quieter spot. The rest of the songs became a blast to listen to, and if you had to rate what happened that night, it would be a 8/10. Minus two for the beginning.

Levi: Loud and Levi are not two words you mix together. In fact, he's not a fan of any noisy live event in general. So, what inspired the two of you to go to this concert? A dare from both your friends group. In retrospect, it was simple: go to a concert with loud music, suffer, take pictures, and live to tell the tale. Part of you was actually looking forward to it, considering that it was a band you and Levi were fond of, though you understood that wouldn't be able to make up for the disaster bound to ensue. And ensue it did. To this day, you still have a clear mental image of the painstaking hours spent in the venue. Both of you had earplugs, sure, but you're pretty sure that no one had enough patience for Levi. The entire time, he was slumped against a wall or crouching on the floor. He was grossed out by a lot of the things going on - the smell, the unhygienic people, the littering - which all affected his piss poor mood. It was a little fun, since you got a recording of him spewing some of the lyrics out and replacing some words with some not-so-kid-friendly ones. Better yet, there was also a sliver of time where you got a couple of funny candid shots of him questioning his life as you danced and partied away. I guess when I put it like that, it doesn't sound THAT bad.

Erwin: Before going to a concert, Erwin can't take any risks. To assure your safety, he supplies you with ear plugs, headphones, bottles of water, food, money, and literally anything anyone could ever need to see an artist live. This is important considering he's not much of a concert-goer, so most of the stuff he brings is off assumption. You're so glad to have a caring and smart boyfriend like him, but what you're not grateful for is LOSING THE EAR PLUGS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOW. Everything was going great. It wasn't too loud with them in. However, you took them out for a split second to hear what Erwin was saying. Someone had the nerve to bump into you. And, well, the rest is a tale you're gonna tell to your friends. Your ear plugs dropped to the ground, and between all the neon lights and people dancing, you weren't able to find them. Neither was Erwin. Being the gentleman he is, decided to go to security about it and see if they had any spares. Nope. The other concert attendees didn't, either. So...he just had his hands over your ears the entire time. Did it block out most of the sound? Not necessarily, but it's the super sweet thought that counts. You also have to think about it - he didn't have any ear protection, either. I guess you could say it was a big sacrifice, huh?

Hange: You have Hange Zoe as a significant other. To most people, this would mean you're accustomed to a plethora of weird noises, ranging from huge laughs to loud rants. Nevertheless, there are definitely still some times when you prefer peace and quiet. A good example of this is when you and Hange had the great idea to get seats for a tour popping into the area for a big band. It wasn't that you liked their albums, but it still seemed like a cool idea to go and see what the hype was all about. Better yet, it was your first concert. This meant a whole new experience to remember for a lifetime! AND short term hearing trauma, too! Why? Even though Hange did their best to prepare you for the concert, there was nothing either of you could do to get ready for the extreme loudness. You immediately voiced your concerns to them as the music blasted, which they hesitated on responding to. The two of you paid good money for this, and the last thing that needed to happen was wasting them. However, with a little bit of bargaining they went around and stole...I mean borrowed some ear plugs for you. This was definitely a relief, and you managed to survive seeing your first live performance. With a moral, too - always expect your eardrums to be shattered.

Mike: Despite his quiet demeanor, Mike likes a lot of heavy and loud music. He's not afraid to admit it, and he's excited when you're interested enough to accompany him to a band stopping in your city. He gives you a heads up that they're a little on the aggressive side. You don't mind, and you end up going. Maybe you would even like some of the tracks and decide to give the band a more thorough listen. Or NOT. The bass was strong enough to cause an earthquake, the guitar's screech so vile it almost blew you away, and the beat of the drums so heavy they could split you in half. No words were needed to describe how uncomfortable you were. Mike could already see it in your face, but he came prepared. He got you some noise-cancelling headphones (doesn't like ear plugs, so he doesn't have them) and let you wear them as the two of you stand in the back. If you're still not a fan of the atmosphere, he'll then take you home without a fuss. After all, your well-being and comfort are more important than his music. The radio exists for a reason, right?