22 | complications (hange & yelena)

hallo again!! this is another request from @hangezoeloml who requested a story about hange and yelena fighting over the reader! i decided that i'm going to make this a short story (three-shot maybe idk-) this is just the first part, so more of the fighting comes in later, but i hope all of you yelena and hange stans enjoy this :D ✨ for those of you who don't like them in particular, dw, regular chapters will still be posted along with this!

-

You stood at the bus stop, waiting for Yelena to meet you as the two of you had planned. Dates with her weren't as frequent as you would have liked them to be, so a smile graced your face as you heard the voice of her nearby.

"Hey, Y/N!"

"Yel..." you squinted your eyes and turned your head, "Hange?!"

Before you could even ask how she found you, the scientist put a firm hand on your shoulder. "How are you?"

"How did you find me?"

She whipped out her phone. "Location tracker! Anyway, I wanted to come-"

"...Y/N?"

Again you turned around. Standing before you was the 6'7 gal that you had originally promised a date with: Yelena. Who was watching you argue with Hange, nonetheless. "What's this all about?" She asked, an eyebrow raised.

"What are you doing here?" As if she knew her, Hange readjusted her glasses and pointed a finger at her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked back. Admittedly, it was amusing to watch her have to bend down to look at her.

"Well, Y/N's my best, best, best friend!" Hange put her hands on her hips and took a step back in defense. And with that, you put your face in your hands and took a deep breath. She already knew that you and Yelena were in a relationship. There was no need to act like this.

"Y/N is my girlfriend," Yelena put a hand on your shoulder. "What are you talking about?"

Hange slapped her hand back on your other shoulder. Your face, as much as it wanted to, did not budge from your hands. All you could do is listen to the conversation and the chaos that started to ensue.

"Well, I met her first." Hange said.

"When did you meet her?"

"Middle school! I was there when she came out to me and all that!"

"...She came out to me, too."

"Sure she did. And when did you meet her, anyway?"

"A few years back in college."

Heapfuls of embarrassment started to come up in your mind. What they had both said was true and all, but you didn't remember seriously asking her out on a date or anything, even before you had Yelena as your girlfriend.

"Y/N," Yelena said, "can you explain?"

With a sigh, your face came out of your hands. Now the two of them stood in front of you, arms folded. Please, you thought, please be a prank, Hange.

"What the two of you are saying is true. But Hange, please, I can't-"

"You can!" She put her arms out for a hug, pushing Yelena aside in the process. But you didn't accept.

"Listen, me and Yelena don't get to see each other in person often. Let us have this date, okay? Not saying that we're not friends anymore, but-"

Yelena grabbed your arm. "C'mon, Y/N, I see our bus."

As she dragged you away from your friend, you gave an awkward wave to Hange along with a smile. She didn't return it. Instead, she whipped out her phone and started to type.

After you and Yelena had taken your seats on the bus, you got the message, saying:

AAA okay so sorry about that...i know what i did there was annoying and all but i sort of have a confession to make :'D i have a crush on you and all that and i wanted to meet up with you to get it out, i know that you're in a relationship and all already but idk...i love u too

You turned your phone off and turned to Yelena, staring out of the window. "By any chance," you sighed, "are you up for a...date with someone else other than me?"

-

"I get the booth next to Y/N!" Hange squealed, already claiming her spot in the booth next to you and wrapping a hand around your back.

"Hange," you whispered, your shoulders tensing as Yelena rolled her eyes and took a spot at the other side of the booth, "you don't have to be that territorial about me. And she's my girlfriend! I should sit next to her."

Hange's eyes made their way to Yelena's. "Try to get along," you begged.

The scientist took off her glasses as a subtle sign of her anger toward the blonde, scowling as she did.

"Alright," you said, putting a few fingers to your temple, "let's assess the situation before the waiter comes over. I need this to go a little more smooth than what it is right now.

"First, Yelena," her eyes, uninterested, took a glance at you, "it's just a coincidence that the two of you are in love with me at the same time. You're, well, already my girlfriend, and Hange's my best friend for life. I wouldn't let the two of you go for anything."

Without needing to say anything, Hange looked at her and put her hands up in surrender. "I know what I said was a little rude back there at the bus stop, and I'm...sorry."

The tall girl nodded her head before staring down at her lap where her phone was again.

"We can make this right...together!" Hange continued. "As Y/N was saying when we got here, we could make this...a three person date. And Y/N can see which of us she likes more, and that person will be her girlfriend!"

You shook your head. "No. If it comes down to anything, the two of you can date me togeth...er..."

The two of them looked at you. Though the room the three of you sat in was loud as it could get, you could hear the soft click of Yelena shutting her phone off with an undeniable passive-aggressiveness.

The other girl looked as if she was about to toss her glasses to the floor and stomp on them in all her frustration.

For a moment, they looked at each other, back to you, then each other, then back to you.

"What?" They asked in perfect unison.

"Here are your menus."

All three of you looked up to see the waiter tossing out menus without a care in the world - except for his paycheck. "Name's Porco. And I'm gonna leave you alone for a while because it seems like the three of you..."he squinted his eyes and furrowed his brows, "are in some deep convo."

He walked away, and then everyone looked as if they didn't even know each other.

"Well," you tried to laugh, "I guess you guys are going to have to get along for now." In your mind, you hoped they had forgotten what you had said.

"As a date?" Hange asked with a twitched lip, grabbing her menu and starting to flip through it, "No way."

You grabbed your own menu, starting to feel a little queasy.

This was going to be a long, long date.