24 | complications (p2)

the second installment of this requested series by hangezoeloml :D it's probably going to get a little spicier when it gets there...but i hope you enjoy! (I ALSO FINALLY GOT THE TAGS TO WORK POG)

also sorry for this being late  i thought i published it but nooo it was a draft and i didn't check-💀

Hange touched your hand for the fiftieth time as the three of you made your way from the restaurant to your house by bus. As they did, you could feel them squeeze it and put it in their lap.

"What are you doing?" You asked as she examined your nails.

"Hey, Y/N," Yelena said from the other side of the bus. Unfortunately, there was no way according to the bus driver or your own dignity that you would be able to sit the full three of you together. "When we crash at your place, I call dibs on the bedroom."

"Wha..." Hange put your hand down and put theirs on their hips. "Well, just so you know, it's Y/N's house, and therefore she gets to call the dibs on the bedroom."

"Guys, guys," you took your hand out of Hange's lap and put it up. Sort of a sign of surrender, but not really. "How about no one calls dibs? We can all go in there together."

Whoops.

You cupped your face in your hands again. Chatter started to erupt from the other two, and it obviously wasn't the good kind.

"I mean, like," you put your head high again, "we could...watch a movie or something?"

"That sounds great," Yelena rolled her eyes.

"I'll take it," Hange turned away from the tall girl.

"I'll take anything to get out of this situation," you whispered to yourself, turning your head away. At least you had a window seat.

-

The restaurant fiasco with the three of you had gone awful, that was for sure. While the food was subpar, everyone else's attitudes were not. You hoped this wouldn't be the same way with your own home, but oh well.

You prayed a silent prayer as you crashed onto the couch. The others followed after - one to each of your sides.

Admittedly, it felt nice. To live in the moment, like you were about to fall asleep after a long and tiring day. Until, of course, Hange tapped your shoulder and blinked at you.

"What?" You asked.

"Movie?" They did their best to smile.

"If you don't want to, then we don't have to," Yelena grabbed your other shoulder and forced you to look up to her.

"I was thinking a game of truth or dare," you faced forward. "And before you ask, I'll let Hange go first."

You turned to them. They had a confident look written all over their face as they folded their arms. "See? I told you that she-"

"Truth or dare?" You interrupted.

"Dare. Duh."

"I dare the two of you to get along with each other."

Hange's face went sour as they turned away from you. "Boring!" They shook their head. "Gimme something else. Something...exciting. Preferably one that doesn't have to do with her."

"I dare the two of you to kiss," you blurted out.

Silence came. A big wave of it, too, and you worried that either of them were about to get up and leave.

"Uh..." you slumped back on your couch, trying to find some sort of excuse for the awkward dare. "Do it and I'll give you twenty dollars."

"Twenty?" Hange whipped her body around. When all else failed, all that was needed was a small bribe for them to do it.

"Thirty if you do it in the next ten seconds," you added.

Yelena turned away.

But Hange pushed you over to get to her, and ended up having to hold onto her arms for dear life before Yelena pushed them off her.

"Thirty bucks!" Hange smiled, inching closer to Yelena's face.

"I'll give you twenty, too, Yelena."

She looked at you with a straight face. Though with one, small puppy dog smile, she broke her expression and gave in. "Fine," she tilted her head towards Hange and braced herself for the moment, closing her eyes.

"And..." Hange placed themselves next to her cheek. Then they planted a small kiss on it and watched as Yelena's face erupted with a tomato shade of red.

"It wasn't that bad," Hange commented, looking at you. "Now, gimme those thirty bucks."

You pat your jean's pockets for your wallet while trying not to laugh. "Yelena thinks otherwise."

The scientist looked to the tall girl and gasped.

Still red in the face, Yelena did her best to cover up her cheeks. "What?" She asked like nothing had happened. "What do you mean by...what..."

Hange leaned in for another kiss. As much as Yelena looked like she wanted to pull away, she accepted it. Face red as ever again, you started to laugh.

"See?" You pulled the thirty dollars out of your pocket and watched as Hange snatched them up. "You guys can get along."

"Well," Hange pocketed the money, her face suddenly indifferent, "I did it for the money."

"Y/N," Yelena interrupted, "twenty dollars?"

"Oh," you started to grab your wallet again.

"I endured it for you," Hange added, batting her eyelashes. "But if you didn't give me cash, I swear that I would have never touched her with a thirty-foot pole!"

"Me either," the tall girl shook her head as you handed her the money.

"Then why did you kiss Yelena agan?" You raised an eyebrow.

"To...seal the deal! If I was dared to kiss you, I would have done way more than that. We would be having, like, a full-on make-out session on your couch!" The scientist nudged their goggles a little, probably fantasizing about the scenario.

"Same." Yelena folded her arms.

You blinked. Attempt number one of getting them to get along? Failed.

"Well," you sighed. "It's your turn, Yelena. Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

The two of you looked at each other before you spoke. "Give me the truth: did you actually enjoy it when Hange kissed you?"

Her face turned another shade of red again. But it definitely wasn't from satisfaction.