38 | lgbt+ hcs!

happy pride!!! and friday too lol

to celebrate, i wanted to write some headcanons for the character roster yayyy! however i also want you guys to discuss these, as these are of course my interpretations for the characters and you're free to have your own. if you have lgbt hcs that differ from mine, feel free to put them down in the comments because i would love to read them 🌈 and yes, you're valid if you hc characters to have your own identity

with that being said, please be respectful to everyone else putting their hcs down. if you find any of mine offensive to your identity, then please let me know so i can change it. thank you, and hope all of you enjoy! ^^

-

Eren: Biromantic, Bisexual, Cisgender, He/Him

Eren has a strong relationship with both Mikasa and Armin. Who's to say he can't like both? I feel like he's had crushes on both in the past, with Armin being his first and Mikasa being the next, as he's proven to care more about them than anything else (manga readers know what I mean). Their dynamic feels natural, and he enjoys both of their comforting spirits. It made him question his sexuality for a little while, and when he found out about that it wasn't 'just a phase', he embraced it.

Mikasa: Hetero/Demiromantic, Bi/Demisexual, Cisgender, She/her

I headcanon Mikasa to be demisexual/romantic because of her bond with Eren. While it's confirmed in interviews that her Ackerman genes have nothing to do with it, she still has an attachment to him for the obvious, and treats him differently than we see her do the rest of the cast. She's been attracted to girls before, but I don't think she can see herself being attracted to them in the romantic sort of way. Of course, she has her eyes set on Eren anyway. I'm a Mikasa kin, so this is just what my gut is telling me about it.

Armin: Panromantic, Pansexual, Cisgender, He/they

I don't think Armin has really cared about gender when it comes to a person. As we've seen him in the series, he more openly talks about his morals and what it means to be a 'good person' or 'bad person' than anything else, which is a sign that he would rather focus on someone's personality. I put his pronouns as he/they because he's sort of embraced having his gender questioned as a child or people coming up to ask him "are you a girl or a boy?" because of his hairstyle. While he's not very comfortable with being called a girl, he would be fine if someone was to view his appearance as androgynous while still being respectful of the fact that he identifies as male.

Levi: Bi/Demiromantic, Asexual, Cisgender, He/him

Levi has probably never been a fan of having sexual attraction to any gender. For him, growing up in the underground with his mother having to be a sex worker made him a little paranoid of the subject, along with the fact that he was just born asexual, anyway. Levi only has romantic attraction to those that he fully trusts, such as Erwin and Petra. However, due to most of his friends passing away, it takes a great amount of time spent with him to have him be romantically interested in someone.

Erwin: Biromantic, Bisexual, Cisgender, He/him

Erwin Is Bisexual And You Can't Do Anything About It. Okay, for real, I'm pretty sure that I don't need to go balls deep on this one. The entire fandom understands that Erwin ism ost definitely bi. His relationship with Levi, for most people, is seen as romantic, or at least deep enough to be considered that. It also says in the manga that Erwin is in love with a woman named Marie (Nile's wife). So...yeah. Case closed.

Hange: Androromantic, Andorosexual, Non-binary, any pronouns including neopronouns

You were probably waiting for this one, weren't you? There's a heated debate about Hange's gender in the fandom going on, and most people see them as either genderfluid or non-binary. In the AOT Junior High manga, they are referred to by a lot of neopronouns, and it's a running gag in the series that no character knows what to call them. In many situations, uses of Hange's pronouns are literally censored. And while I haven't researched this claim yet, many people claim that Isayama said that Hange's theme song would be 'Like Myself' from the band Shinsei Kamattechan (yes, the one that wrote 'My War'). The lyrics in the song are clear to be about someone who doesn't fit into the gender binary. I would list more evidence for Hange being non-binary or at least not fitting into the binary code, but I think that would make this too long-

Mike: Pan/Demiromantic, Pan/Demisexual, Allosexual, Cisgender, He/him

While Mike can often tell someone's intentions from their smell alone, it doesn't mean that he doesn't want to get to know them before making any moves. And at the same time, this doesn't mean his attraction is limited to only one gender group. For him, it doesn't matter what gender his partner identifies as, as long as they have traits that he admires. We don't see much of him in the show, but I guess my evidence is that he's both close to Erwin, Nanaba, and Hange, three people who are from three different gender identities.

(Speaking of Nanaba, however, I have heard people say that she/they are also non-binary as well as Hange. Do you guys have any thoughts on this?)