60 | underneath the mistletoe

WOOOOOOO HAPPY NEW YEAR! as i'm publishing this, it's currently 2021, but i'm so excited to release this since i've been on hiatus for a bit! i just want to say im really humbled by the support that i've gotten towards my writing and it makes my day realizing that my writing makes people happy...so thank you all for supporting me and enjoying my work!

this chapter has a pretty simple premise: what would happen in a scenario based off mistletoe? even though it's nothing flashy, i hope you all enjoy it. and with this message...i wish you all an AWESOME 2022!!! please take good care of yourself and others :D

-

Eren:

Knock. Knock.

You shrugged at Eren as he gave you a pouty look, his lips stuck out and his eyes about to be stuck in the back of his head. "Are you sure this is the right address?" He whispered, leaning into your ear. "That was like...the fifth time you knocked."

"I'm sure," you whipped out your phone. Sighing, you tapped in the digits to the party host (Erwin's) number. As you were about to officially file a complaint for 'worst waiting time to get into a Christmas party ever', the doorknob in front of you twisted.

With a click, the door swung open to reveal an eccentric Erwin. "Apologies for the wait," he laughed. "Come on in!"

Eren stepped ahead of you into the house. You followed, giving a light smile and nod to Erwin. He did the same in return, and you couldn't help but feel that something was a little off...after all, him smiling was something you swore you hadn't seen in a few lightyears.

And your gut instinct was right.

Stopping in the middle of the main hallway with Eren, you noticed everyone around you had their phones out. Not scrolling through social media, but recording.

Recording both of you.

"Heck no," Eren snapped his eyes around in every direction, clutching your shoulder. A moment of silence passed before he paused, though, and looked at you right in the eye. "Wait a second..."

You didn't even need him to say any more. You looked at the ceiling, where a piece of mistletoe was barely hanging by a thin piece of string.

Without another word, your partner brought your head forward as he tilted his, your lips meeting as the crowd of the Christmas party cheered, phones held high in the air.

I guess that makes up for him forgetting about my Christmas gift, you thought, leaning into the kiss.

Mikasa:

For the past hour, Mikasa had you practically glued to her side.

No matter what you tried to do, she knew it before you did. Like the time when you tried to greet a long-time-no-see friend - she came with you because she thought it would be nice for them to get to know her as well. Or when you went to the bathroom. Mikasa insisted that she wait outside because she didn't want to get lost without you.

To be fair, the host's huge was the size of a mini mansion. It was easy to get lost, but seriously? Not even your business to yourself?

"Alright," she sighed as both of you made your way back into the main party room. You noticed that it seemed like she was watching out for someone or something, though you didn't know what it was.

"You okay?" You began to look around as well. Her instincts were top-notch. If she had trouble finding trouble, then you might as well run for your life.

"Yeah," she gripped your hand and took you to a corner.

"Where are we going?"

"Where it's quiet," she said, finally stopping in her tracks.