32 | when it snows

"it's the end of april why are you making a winter themed chapter??" well observant reader, i live in the grand part of the world called the midwest. the weather SUCKS and we somehow had snow on tuesday. anyway this chapter exists just because of that- but other than that tho happy friday. my cousins and i are planning to see demon slayer infinity train on sunday so that's nice :) other than that imma be chillin here, have a great weekend

Eren: Hey, would you look at that? It's snowing outside, and Eren's acting like he's never seen the dang thing before! Well, in reality, he obviously has, and he's only pumped because he arranged a huge snowball fight fest right as the forecast predicted it. It was set to take place in the school parking lot with practically all of your grade coming. No teams, just a big free for all. Though people could form teams together, it would set up the classic duo betrayal thing. Speaking of teams, though, it was obvious that you and Eren had to be a pair. He's surprisingly accurate with his hits, and you're fast to make the snowballs, but...that will never be enough compared to what Mikasa has up her sleeves. Sorry, Eren. Maybe next time.

Mikasa: Snow and everything comes with it reminds Mikasa of when she was a child, living her little life in an equally small cabin...and when it comes to this, she wants to show you everything that she did with her parents. First, she grabs two mugs of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows. Then she snuggles up with you on the living room couch and puts on one of her favorite rom-coms, laughing all the way through. And if you thought that was enough, nope! Surprisingly, Mikasa likes to sew. She teaches you all her favorite patterns taught to her by her mother as she stitches up a few bunnies to go with her pattern. If you're not good at it, then that's fine. She'll do it for you, but it's way more fun when you just do your part.

Armin: Remember that snowball fight Eren had? Armin wanted to do something like that. Only on...a smaller scale, as 300-ish kids in the middle of the parking lot was not his style. He would rather have a small but still fun day with you, Mikasa, Eren, and anyone else in the friend group who could make it. That was a good decision, too. Just enough people came to fill up his backyard, but there still be space for some potential action. Since there was an even amount of people, you split into pairs, you of course with Armin. He had a complex strategy going on where the two of you would first build a wall of snow then go from there. You would take turns making and throwing the balls to be efficient. Unfortunately, not efficient enough...next time, you're definitely not going to invite Mikasa.

Levi: "Come on," Levi ushered you out the door as you straightened out the last few wrinkles on your winter coat and pants. "We're going out." He could see the clear excitement in your eye. And as the two of you walked, you were slowly starting to have that same glimmer of excitement...fade. Why? It started out when Levi was headed to the garage. Normal, right? The two of you were clearly going for a cruise in the snow. Well, no. As you tugged on the car door handle, Levi came out from the other side of the garage with a snow shovel. At that point you realized any and all of your joy was seriously misplaced in this man. "There's one for you, too," he assured while already getting down to work. It wasn't really assuring, though.

Erwin: Erwin lives for spending snowy days with his S/O. Where he grew up in the big city, there wasn't much recreation to do. Now he can finally do all these winter activities with you, though. Like...build a snowman! He's always wanted to build one, and with your help and his strong arms, he was able to fix one up in a solid ten minutes. After that, the two of you played a hard game of dress up with your new friend. With a carrot for a nose and a few black buttons, Erwin was left wondering what colors would clash. You assured him that snowman fashion isn't that serious, and opted for a simple scarf. He agreed, and you found out it was a good decision. And Erwin could finally die happy, too. Snowmen are great.

Hange: Snowboarding? Sledding? Ice-skating? Sorry, those are the only fun winter sports that I could think of off the top of my head. Regardless, Hange's always wanted an excuse or two to try any of them out. Especially ice-skating. They've heard that it's super chaotic. And they would be right - after a little bit of begging on their part, the two of you went to an out-door ice-skating rink that was only open because of the snow. The two of you thought it would be easy-peasy and lemon-squeezy, but this is where it starts to fall part. You and Hange start to fall, too, and ten seconds in, neither of your rear ends can be felt. Sure, you might be laughing them off as well, but the pain and embarrassment aren't a good combo. Though you have to admit, it was pretty fun. Hange admits it, too.

Mike: When it's snowing, Mike finds it a good excuse to stay inside and laze around. To him, there's nothing better than a cup of black coffee and the soft couch you guys sometimes fall asleep on. Speaking of falling asleep, though, he assures you that today will just be a day off. You don't have to do any house chores, and he'll just take a break from whatever so that you can enjoy the weather. As in, well, look out of a window and wish you were outside. Sometimes you wish you could go out there. Yet those are the same times you put your head in Mike's lap and realize that it must be super cold out there. So at least you're in here, safe and warm while your boyfriend is going to keep it that way...staying inside sounds way better now, right?