Episode 90

"Really..?"

"Yeah.."

She gently nodded intervening fingers with mine.

"I totally beat that kid down, it was hard for Raina san to deal with his parents" She replied.

It had been a long while since we sat like this and talked about things....

There's so many things about her that I didn't really know...

I mean normally we do talk but it's mostly about daily life and activities, we barely openly discuss our pasts or feelings like this... It's somewhat awkward but at the same time...

I feel like I can listen to her all night...

Ah I don't want to move from this couch, it's warm... The moonlight is so beautiful too...

I rested back against her chest as she whispered next to my ear.... All the things she couldn't say and wanted to say... She whispered them all while tightening her arms around me everytime she'd talk about something that she didn't like...

I also sat patiently listening to her, without responding, because she didn't need me to do so... All she probably wanted was for me to listen....

"Natsu... You never told me.."
She lowered her chin and rested it on my shoulder.

" Joshua Hughes" I whispered turning to see her surprised expression "is what he called himself"

"I've...heard that name..." She whispered.

For some reason that was my reaction too when I heard it for the first time...
So I ended up looking it up...

"He's the husband of Clara Hughes" I replied.
Aoi looked at me being rather surprised.

" Natsu did he have red hair and a fair complexion with burn marks on his hands?" She asked.

" He's exactly who you're thinking about Aoi, he came in the house claiming he was our wedding planner" I replied and she looked like alot of things finally made sense.

"I couldn't even tell..." She looked rather disappointed with herself.

" Are you supposed to know everything ?" I asked her.

"Well I should atleast have figured it out, it was so obvious that this was someone who was related to Clara Hughes, so why couldn't I think of this" She spoke a bit while sulking.

" Aoi san, that only matters if you're playing their game, finding and hiding is their strategy, what do you want? " I asked her.

" Natsu" She gave me a look and then suddenly hugged me yet again.

For a while there she'd been on defenses because she'd been searching for answers to the quizzes that they put before her...

"I should have talked more to you sooner... Then we could've easily figured things out together" She replied.

" Well of course you should have" I smiled at her.

If only both of us had communicated properly from the start....

"Aoi san, what do you want to do now?" I asked her, she looked a bit hesitant to answer it.
Old habits sure do die hard...

"If this is revenge for Clara Hughes, then what can be done? Do I need to stop this ..? " She said.

Is she suggesting or asking? I can't differentiate... In the first place, I'm not really sure how her mind works.

"Aoi san, what are you actually thinking?" I asked her.