Metamorphosis - II

***Massive Trigger Warning ⚠️****
(The following chapter contains disturbing content, proceed at your own accord)

************Time skip ************

"The baby...???"

"He's safe..."

Raina sighed, she smiled a bit though her chin puckered up, it was an expression Josh hadn't seen before.

"You so ugly" Josh commented

"Shutup, I'm having a moment.." Raina said half sobbing and half laughing.

" Clara and I, we'll leave for the capital tonight...do you know what that means..?" Josh spoke with a dull expression.

Raina nodded wiping her tears with both her hands.

"Don't you atleast want to see him once?" Josh asked

Raina shook her head
" I won't be able to let go...if I see him.."

Josh understood, he reached his hand and placed it on Raina's hand. The ring on his finger sparkled under the roof lights of the room even though the world outside was pitch dark, it was just this room, that was lit up.

"Raina... We're leaving you, do you know what that means? If Ivan Strauss finds out the child was swapped with a still born... " Josh clutched on her hand being really nervous about it.

" I was prepared when I told you both to do so... Don't worry about me... " Raina held his hand in-between hers.
" Clara is a very good woman, cherish her, my friend and my child, I give both of my important people to you..."

Josh felt a tremble in his whole body, he lowered his head on their hand, pressing his forehead against the back of her hand and then kissed it.
"Again, you're saving me... I feel like one day my karma will catch up to me... "

" Don't jinx it idiot, fall in love, be happy, enjoy, do all those things I couldn't do, I'll be happy just knowing that you are happy" Raina's voice shivered as she said this
" I love you okay? Even if we are not actually related, you're my only family and I'm happy"

" I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry" Josh ended up weeping for a while.

" Get up you ugly person, go to your wife and child now, before Ivan is back" Raina lowkey slapped him lightly as he was weeping on her hand.

Josh got up turning towards the door while still trying to fix his messy face.

"Joshua Hughes"

Raina mumbled for the last time, he turned to face her, she didn't look at him, rather she turned her face the other way.

" Raise my son well "

************Time skip ************

"This house is huge"

"Isn't it? It even has a secret basement"

Josh blinked a bit being dumbfounded.

" A certain birdy told me that my husband had a dream of having a lab of his own where he could make things that could help others" Clara spoke softly.

" Raina that little snitch " Josh clicked his tongue.

"Here, hold Alex" Clara came over and handed the little baby over to Josh.

"But where'd you get the money?" Josh asked taking the little baby carefully in his arms.

Clara didn't answer his question, rather she moved close up to him.

"Tonight, can I hold you?" She asked him with a blushing face and he lowered his head nodding with a heated up face himself.

If only time could have stopped there, he'd only wondered what did he do to deserve such bliss, something troubled him, he was afraid he'd lose this happiness in a blink of an eye.