Episode 75

"Aoi?"

"Hm?"

"I will do it"

She blinked rapidly and turned to look at Kei who had a resolute look upon his face.

"Hey, are you sure about this?" Aoi asked.

"Yeah, let's take...this human trafficking...channel..down, once and...for all" Kei replied.

Aoi turned to look at sky "It's more complicated than you think" she sighed "It's not just Ian Strauss or Lian Strauss at stake...it's a system that has been there probably before even we both were born....it has wide roots, the Himari estate or Kirihara estate alone isn't going to be enough to take it down.."

Kei looked at her with a disheartened look "then what...do we do?"

"We can't take the whole system down but we can save a few, maybe enough to spark a revolution amongst others" She replied "What we need right now is public support and as many people willing to aid us as we can, or else we'll have the same ending as Raina Strauss and Clara Hughes"

Kei did understand the gravity of the situation but he hated feeling this helpless " Aoi...let's...not aim for...a few...let's aim for...whole.."

"Kei its-" She turned to look at his face and became quiet.

She realized she had no right to say this to a person who's finally picking up his pieces which seemed impossible at one point...
A smile appeared on her face.

"Let's aim for the whole huh" She reassured his resolution.
A tint of brightness appeared upon his face.

"Did you...find...what Clara Hughes...and Raina...Strauss...hid...?" Kei asked.

"About that-" She leaned closer and whispered something in Kei's ear.

"WHAT!" He almost said loudly.

"Yeah" She replied.

"So basically...we have nothing..?" Kei looked down.

"It's not nothing though" Aoi had a smirk on her face.

"What are...you ...upto" Kei could feel that she obviously had something.

"It's not as if things weren't there to begin with, whatever was hidden by Raina Strauss has been taken by someone" Aoi replied.

"Was...it Mr. Strauss..." Kei became nervous.

"No, he definitely has no idea something like that exists there, Mari confirmed, someone else took it, someone who was familiar about the whole thing" Aoi said.

Kei felt confused "Who do you....think it... is?"

"Not sure but we obviously need that person on our side, if they knew enough to take care of the evidence,they know more than we think" Aoi said.

"Why...do you...think..that?" Kei asked.

"Because Kei, this person has nothing to do with Mr. Strauss, so taking the evidence definitely has a reason,which means they know something about the evidence that we don't" She replied.

"I don't...understand...but what..makes you...so sure...there is...any" Kei asked.

"Ah, that's another something I haven't told you" She held upon the grill of the balcony and leaned backwards.

"Hmm..?" Kei tilted his head.

"See, recently I've been feeling as if I'm being watched constantly and then there's the fact that the caretaker of the grave told me that a person frequently visits the grave of Clara Hughes, not to mention, they stopped coming a few days before I went there" She told.