Episode 14

"Thankyou for your hospitality''
Akio announced as he entered the private appartment two stories up, they had to use the lift.
The apartment was too big and too lonely for one person. It was a vast airy place with alot of tall windows that made the full moon appear even closer than it actually was.
Apart from the huge dining room and an open kitchen, there were two bedrooms with attached baths and a store room. The place lacked any sort of excessive furniture almost indicating no one lived there, except for one bedroom.
The bedroom had one bed and a mess of books all over, infact one could not walk in that room without stepping on one of the books.

"Whoa, what are you...? hiding a dead body under that pile?'' Akio said after seeing the horrific situation of the bedroom.

"I only come here to sleep, otherwise I'm at my ex's house during the day and its kind of hard sleeping alone so I just read myself to sleep.

At some point I just ran out of books to read and then I bought more and eventually the books kicked me out of my room so I sleep on the couch now'' Keitarou shrugged.

"You could've cleaned this place, look the ceiling's even got webs all over'' Akio pointed.

"Ah I plan to hire a maid and all but I've not been quite successful, I'm looking for one..'' Keitarou tried to reach the cobweb but couldn't.

"I can''

"You can what?''

"You know..clean this place and all''

"Wait wait, I didn't bring you here to work and..''

"It's okay, I can't live here for free even if its a few days''

"No, no its not..''

"I insist, consider it my rent, you don't have to pay me either..I can do house chores, I'm used to them''

"Er...can you cook?''

"Have been cooking for the last 19 years''

"Alright I guess..''

Akio smiled quite victoriously after getting Keitarou's approval. Though Keitarou still didn't liked the idea of making his 'guest' work but he knew Akio was a man of honor by the little knowledge of him.
He knew that Akio won't really take favours without paying them back.

"So... I'll clear the room for you and I can take the couch..it's pretty late we should..'' Akio said getting inside the room ready for war.

"No way, I'm taking the comfortable couch, you take the bed'' Keitarou said getting inside as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Morning''

I heard a fading voice that slowly became clear enough to make me sit up with a sudden jerk being vary of my surroundings.

"I made you breakfast'' she said while preparing a tray.

"You can cook?'' I asked her rubbing my eyes.

"I can make an omelet and tea atleast'' she replied.

"Fair enough'' I was obviously no one to judge, I couldn't even do that, dad's been spoiling me so much; I admit.

She placed the tray over the bed and sat parallel to me with her share as well.

Though she looked somewhat tensed, should I ask or not? I should.. right?

What if she says its none of my buisness, that'd be embarassing, I should ignore.

"Does the omelet taste weird?'' She asked noticing my discomfort.