Episode 74

"Thankyou for last night"

The young man said with a shyly bent head at which the brunette stopped momentarily and looked back at him before getting out of the door.
She placed her fingers on her lips, standing against the door.

"Did something good happen?” Aoi asked finding Mari standing by the door.

"Why do you ask?" Mari asked noticing the other.

"You just look happy" Aoi said, even though Mari had the usual dull expression on her face but even still, Aoi was able to spot slight differences in her expressions.
Mari sighed and walked forward.

"I kissed him" She spoke directly.

"Are you sure about it?" Aoi asked, she didn't seem too surprised.

"I'm worried he's mistaking my kindness for his feelings" Mari said.

"But that's not what worries you is it?" Aoi crossed her arms.

"I'm worried I am mistaking my pity for feelings too" Mari said.

Aoi stood there silently blinking a bit with a little surprised expression on her face.

"What?" Mari asked since Aoi was almost glowing with a starry aura despite her stone face "You're creeping me out"

"Since when.." Aoi whispered and Mari raised a brow cluelessly "It's been there for a while hasn't it!" Aoi spoke looking a bit excited.

"What do you mean?" Mari still couldn't understand.

"Why'd you decide to help this guy in particular Mari? Was pity the only thing you felt when you met him for the first time? Is Kei the only reason you want to save this guy?"
Aoi had a bunch of questions that flew right over Mari's head.

She couldn't understand the context of those questions at this particular moment.

"Yeah, when I first saw him cry in frustration back in the hospital I was mesmerized, I thought I really have to help him..but I couldn't do it on my own so I had to be shameless enough to approach brother and he heard me out, he said I must save this guy at all costs because if I do, he'll forgive me..so I'm doing it" Mari shrugged.

"You have no idea do you..." Aoi gave her a look as if she was looking at the dumbest person alive.

If she had a crown for a dumbass, she'd probably put it on Mari's head and clap two rounds.

"Just put it into words, I can't understand what you are trying to aim at" Mari frowned a bit.

"So that's why Kei did this huh, he knew all along and didn't tell me" Aoi sighed looking a bit disappointed.

"You're annoying me now" Mari's brow twitched.

Aoi approached her and put both her hands on Mari's shoulder and then gave her a thumbs up.
"I'm rooting for you both!"

"Huh?" Mari said, Aoi was sprouting incomprehensible stuff to her so early in the morning, she almost rolled her eyes.
"Alex will be here soon, I'm leaving this dumb conversation here"

"Okay" Aoi still gave her thumbs up to which Mari's nerve almost cracked but she took a deep breath and went ahead.

"Say Aoi" Mari stood with her back towards Aoi.
"I did so many wrong things to both you and brother...why can't you both be more angry at me.."

Aoi listened intently and bent her head a bit "I don't know about Kei but for me, I've spent half my life with you, Kei and Alex...I guess I'm quite biased since you three are my only family..."