Episode 16

"There's gotta be one son in the house, me or him, there's no second, I can't live with this''
I randomly ranted out my worries in a sulking fit.

"Don't worry, you're the only son..I'm sure his daddy and yours doesn't mean the same''
Aoi replied while turning the steering.

"Whose side are you on woman?'' I tragically inquired.

"There's no sides, I'm just saying..isn't this okay? If he likes your dad, then why not? And if you're that uncomfortable with him just move in with me'' she shrugged.

"Na na na, there's something wrong with both, first of all..that guy is like only a few years older than me and my dad is almost 34 now, there's this huge generation gap plus the dude got a nasty attitude..second, if I move in with you it'll make it even easier for you to be a pervert and I want to stay virgin until marriage''  I sassily responded

"Is that cue that I should propose you?'' She asked.

"How did you even sum it up like that?'' I shook my head ''What I'm saying is, I don't want to be in a relationship until I'm done with college...like I can't get distracted, I have to first be a responsible adult then risk a family''
I obviously told some big words because I wasn't really that mature, I also want a relationship like everyone else....

It's just that I don't want to half heartedly respond to her feelings. Honestly she came so suddenly I almost feel like this is a dream and suddenly I'll wake up in bed, smiling at the joke of my life.

On top of it, i'm not even one of those pretty or handsome guys, just an average joe, I'm not confident if she would stay with me long enough. Perhaps she's doing this out of pity because she saved me that day on the bus? I slowly sunk back in the seat.

"You okay?'' She asked and I just nodded.

The car stopped infront of the school.

"Hey, I told you to let me off at distance!'' I lowered from the seat ''not infront of school gate, what if someone sees us?'' I panicked and she got off the car after parking and opened the gate for me.

"Come'' she held out her hand ''I'll show you..how I intend to hold your hand through thick and thin'' she said and reached in herself, pulling me out.

I nervously turned my head around to see all those that were facing us now.
She firmly held mine and locked her car before we walked into the campus holding hands. Everywhere we walked, heads turned and eyes full of envy, anger and hatred glared at me.
I nervously lowered my head but then noticed she was looking at me as well.
In a hall full of thousands of hateful gazes, this one gaze overpowered all, this gaze of full of affection.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Were you disappointed?'' Akio asked stacking dishes to wash.

"At what?'' Keitarou raised a brow slipping on his watch.

"My son...you didn't seem so happy about him''  Akio responded.

"Ah, it's not that..I was just surprised, I didn't literally think he was an adult..just my imagination, I thought he'd be a small child'' Keitarou cleared his throat trying to not make it too obvious that Natsuro's presence irritated him a bit
''also please don't wait up for me, I'll eat out today, I have dinner with some friend of mine so..''

"Okay sure'' Akio smiled getting to his work while Keitarou went ahead first, he got outside and then made a phone call.

"Hey..tonight at 8, yah..at the same restaurant, make sure no one sees you okay? Also bring 'that' with you as well''