The Sacrifice II

***Massive Trigger Warning ⚠️***
(The following chapter contains disturbing content, proceed at your own accord)

************Time skip ************

"I'll do the rest"

The maids bowed and backed off, slowly leaving the room.
Clara sat infront of the mirror looking at herself in the white bridal gown. For a bride, she had a gloomy expression upon her face that intensified as she'd heard the voice that excused the maids.

Raina Strauss stood at the entrance of the bridal room. Clara couldn't dare look back at her, all she could do was steal a few glances from the mirror and then lower her head.

Raina walked upto her back and took the pins from the dresser, starting to fix Clara's veil for her.

"You don't have to do this" Raina started off.

"You're the one who told me to protect what you've left behind" Clara whispered after a while.

" There are other ways to protect, I don't want you to hurt yourself any more than this" Raina spoke calmly to Clara's annoyance.

" I'm already hurt... I'm... already hurt..." Clara gave somewhat of a mocking smile.

" And that's no reason to drag him down with you..." Raina finished fixing her veil.

" He's the cause of it all...if it weren't for him..." Clara stood up and turned to Raina, extending her hand towards Raina's neck, pressing her fingers against the claim mark.
"If it weren't for him...you wouldn't have ended up like this..."

" He's... family..I couldn't help it" Raina held the other girl's hand, moving it away from her neck.
"Don't do it... it was wrong of me to ask you..."

" Why shouldn't I? He should know the sacrifice you made for him, I will make him pay for it for his whole life-" Clara got a bit annoyed.

" Absolutely not! He should never know anything about any of this ABSOLUTELY!" Raina raised her voice surprising Clara.

Clara gritted her teeth...even now, Raina was thinking more about him rather than herself or Clara...it annoyed her even more.

She turned away from Raina, the two had nothing more to say.
Besides...

It was almost time....

"Care to walk me to the aisle?" Clara asked Raina with a painful yet irritated look on her face.

"You're...cruel" Raina replied staying back, she was unable to do it, so Clara just opened the door letting the maids in.

They helped Clara hold the gown while she walked out with the flowers in hands.

She'd been boiling up inside...she was too angry...even now Raina wouldn't stop her properly, somewhere inside her she'd hoped that Raina would chase after her and they'd both run out of this wedding holding each other's hands without turning back.

The closer she'd got to the stage, the angrier she felt..

It was all this guy's fault....

She stood before him, he'd been dressed handsomely, his red hair had been nearly slicked back making him look a little bit more mature than he actually was.

It was this guy that took everything away from her...

It was his fault....

She hated him so much!!

She wanted him to suffer like she did!!!

Through the whole sermon, she couldn't stop glaring at him, though he never looked up once, he kept staring at his shoes shyly.