Episode 40

((The following chapter contains adult content, proceed at your own risk))

"Coffee?" Aoi extended her hand and as Akio took it, she settled down next to him on the edge of the beach "Have you cooled down Akio san?"

Akio didn't respond, he opened the can and took a sip, using it to warm his hands.

"If you stay here, you might catch a cold" She tried to talk to him nonetheless, she chased him all the way here, there was no way she'd give up on making him talk, more than anything, she understood his heart enough to tell that leaving him alone now wasn't the best option.

Akio simply stared at the clashing waves, the weather wasn't any good either, a storm was pretty much brewing in plain sight.

"When I was little..there was a person I absolutely loved" She started on her own, Akio did get pretty attentive but didn't show much response "Elegant, well mannered, beautiful..that person was perfect in every matter...except that I could only watch him from corner because he belonged to someone else"

 Akio seemed disinterested, there was no need to hear a story he had heard twice, besides that had nothing to do with all of this.

"That person met the cruelest fate...that day when he died, he told me to get out of his sight" She smiled " 'All alphas are monsters', he said, that was the reason, I ran away that day giving him the chance to do what he had been waiting for..but it's just an excuse, I ran away because he was right...I did love him and cared for him but I was an alpha too, I saw him with the same eyes that other alphas did, that's what I hated the most, I am no different than those monsters" She tied her arms around her legs and rested her chin on her knees "You're not wrong in wanting to protect Natsuro kun, Akio san is a good father..."

"All alphas are not monsters" Akio responded finally "not everyone" his eyes turned gentle.

"Yeah but when you say that, you mean Kei, not me" She could tell atleast from the face he made "You used to be more stiff and straight faced but right now I can see all sorts of emotions on your face, he did that to you right?" She faced him "I'm the same, Natsuro has given my dead face and heart alot of emotions too...I feel like I've gotten so talkative too..." She sighed.

"You don't understand" Akio clenched his fists in the sand

"Why don't you try to make me understand Akio san"  She responded.

Akio became silent again but his lips trembled as if he really wanted to say something, he took a deep breath

"You might be thinking you're in love and are ready to fight the world but you don't understand...you're not thinking where you and Natsuro stand in this world, you're not thinking how others around you will react to it, you're not thinking about the future..." Akio tried to word it out but the tension in his mind couldn't equate the words he blurted

"Akio san" Aoi interrupted "Before coming to meet Natsuro kun, I met up with a really amazing woman, Rena san, she's a good lawyer and good person, but most of all...." She smiled a little "She's Kei chan's mother" She said and Akio's eyes widened a bit "Her flight landed in the morning and she's already ready to turn the world upside down"

"What do you mean?"Akio asked really attentive now.

"What I mean is I told her everything" Aoi replied.

"What is she gonna do?" Akio gulped down hard.

"She's preparing to take everything to the court, we're taking down both Kirihara and Himari family" Aoi said without even flinching.

"Your own family too?!" Akio asked

"We're barely family for show, more then their daughter, I was the heir to the Himari family and their wealth" Aoi sounded spiteful "I want the adults to atone for their crimes, even if they are my parents..besides, alphas have had their way long enough, I'm sure this case would set an example, we'll see a change soon enough..if no one wants to take the first step, I will..." she said with an unwavering confidence