Episode 48

"There was a little girl...she was always hated upon by other kids because her fear to reach out people was seen as arrogance..."

The wind caressed the long locks of black hair making them dance into the night with such fervor that it seemed the wind itself was in love with those dark streams..

"Her parents would never be home..the only happiness she felt was when once or twice in an year they would come see her and rest of the year..she'd wait for those days...until she stopped waiting at all...the caretakers her parents left her with would beat her to satisfy their own inferiority complex, take out their stresses upon her...she tried telling others about it but was called a liar and an attention seeker...the punishments doubled up upon her..there was no where for her to go..nobody to accept her...there were only two kinds of people...those who hated her and those who pitied her.." Aoi rested her chin over her knees whilst hugging them "So that girl made herself the perfect parent, sibling and friend.."

"So that's what you meant by Himari Yeoa" Zhuang sat next to her just listening.

"Yeah...she thought she needed revenge upon everyone..but was too guilty to admit that she had those kinds of feelings where she wanted to put an end to them..The first time she forgot about those kind of feelings was when she met a boy a little older then her...he neither hated her nor pitied her...but instead he carried the same dead eyes as hers..the eyes that sought revenge upon the world but couldn't put it to action...she could see right through him.." Aoi whispered.

"Haruka san? I heard..." Zhuang remembered the time he overheard Alex and Akio talking in Keitarou's ward.

"Yeah, he was the first person to reach out to her..the first person she could feel and understand..." She placed a hand upon her lips "The first person she ever tried to kiss...the first person she wanted to be hers..."

"Did he love her?" Zhuang couldn't help ask.

She shook her head "He couldn't...he said so himself that it's not that he doesn't love her but he that he 'must' not love her when his fate is already decided"

"A child forced to mature early...he knew that if he had put his feelings first, he would make things difficult for her" Zhuang bent his head, after all he knew a person like that too.

"Till one gruesome incident happened and everything was burned to ashes...he knew it was nobody's fault...she understood it too..everything was cruel...he didn't blame anyone even if his eyes wanted to burn the world down..she took it upon herself...to burn whatever he couldn't do..she took it upon herself and yet...he was...too  cruel in his own way...." Aoi's eyes teared up.

"What did he do?" Zhuang asked.

"While he was pushed off the third floor he whispered those words to her..those three words that made her completely lose her mind.....it was the punishment he gave to her for being one of those alphas that he hated so much...he whispered his love to her only in his dying moments as if to mock her..he would only give her his love over his dead body..." She clenched her teeth "She locked away that part of her in form of a beast and turned from hating the world to hating herself...only then she became the person that the world adored...and then she met another, he didn't hate her or pity her either but...he didn't have those dead eyes either, instead he was more alive....he told her to live and promised her that if she lives long enough, he will be her reward...at first she couldn't help but mock his confidence..but the second time she wanted him...he was different...he wouldn't blame her for anything...he wouldn't profess his love while being pushed off the third storey as if wanting her to follow....
Rather he would walk with her through life..."

"Wait Aoi san! I think I lost you there! Didn't Haruka kun committed suicide?!!" Zhuang suddenly got attentive.

"That's what they made people believe... I was there that day......" Aoi replied.