Episode 91

**The following chapter may contain some disturbing events, proceed at your own accord**

"Cervical Cerclage" 

"What's that..?"

"A stich to close the cervix in order to avoid a preterm labor, however we must prevent it at all costs"
Aoi tightly clenched her fists on the corners of her coat. The doctor before her briefed her in about the dire situation....
"Complete bed rest with no physical or stressful activity, I'd recommend getting him a bunch of movies or novels, we'll keep him in monitoring for short cervix and his blood pressure should be stabilized at all times"
All she could do was pay attention and nod.
"Also If his blood pressure shoots like this again then we can't stop a preterm labor, which is really dangerous considering it's only 25 weeks and we'll have to use drugs to administer an early lung maturation, in worst case, a miscarriage .... please make up your mind..."
The doctor tried to sound as professional as possible, even though making up her mind literally meant having to choose between Natsu and this child.

"Natsuro, if...it comes to the worst...save Natsuro" She replied abruptly, without having the need to think much about it.

" About this..." She brought up as the doctor had finished briefing her "please move him to a VIP ward and keep this matter as private as possible"

The doctor nodded and handed her a few forms
" Please make an entry "

He'd walked away leaving Aoi to herself.
She moved inside the room instead, holding and rubbing her temples.

"How are you?" She asked little Lian, who was awake but he still didn't respond.

Natsuro was in another room but Aoi couldn't leave Lian alone this time, considering how mad it made him last time when she'd prioritized saving Natsuro over Lian.
This time she wanted to do it right and do what Natsuro would want rather then going by her own desires.

"That day... I'm sorry for not coming to save you" Aoi mumbled, not that Lian remembered the time, because by the time he was saved, he'd been unconscious for long. It was either the drug overdose or probably the pheromones that kept him asleep through most of it despite his trauma.

The child didn't reply but he did look at her.

Aoi extended her hand and put it over the child's head, gently brushing his hair with her fingers.
He kept looking at her with somewhat mesmerized eyes. It was probably the fever or that his brain was intoxicated with the pheromones from earlier but
"Pretty..."
He whispered.

"Eh?" Aoi heard him and somewhat smiled, she lightly pinched his cheek "Thank you"

She really was grateful, for a moment she found that child's innocent expression quite comforting. She adjusted the pillow for him and made him lay back.
He didn't even once look away and kept looking at this beautiful lady while he was laying down.
Aoi gently patted his head as his eyes opened and closed after intervals. The child was drowsy, her cold hands might normally not be appreciated...

.... But in that moment, they put the child into a comfortable sleep.....

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Daddi!"

"Adrian wait, don't climb over him"
Zhuang somewhat pulled Adrian off Alex, the kid had noticed his daddy moving so naturally he decided to get into his face.

Alex slowly and gradually opened his eyes, staring at the ceiling.
Aoi had long left for the hospital again after checking up on him. Though she'd told Zhuang to text her at that time.