Episode 71

All it had to take was a flutter of an eye and a rush began to stream within the environment. People running about, appearing as colorful little shapes, distorted, yet so lively.

"Can you hear me?"

A sharp light caught his attention, it called to him and he followed it, his eyes trailed along with that light.

"Can you tell us your name?"

He felt his lips move, yet he couldn't hear the sound of his own voice, he felt utterly confused, but the distorted shapes were now changing form and becoming figures.

"He remembers"

They mumbled and he somewhat lifted a finger of his, it felt so heavy, his body felt too numb.
The figures began to have details now, he slightly managed to turn his head even though the effort also made him so tired that he felt like falling asleep again.

The details intensified and from the window, he saw an intense gaze fixated upon him, the person's frown became more and more vivid to him.

"He's smiling"

They whispered again turning to look at the window where the boy turned to look, finding his worried brother stand with both his hands against the glass and a nervousness all painted upon his face.

It happened a few moments before he closed his eyes again and gave out a peaceful sigh.

A flutter of an eye, oh how beautiful it is....

-----------------------------------------------------------

How did it come to this?

I found myself wondering sitting at the back of a paramedic van.
Aoi sat in another one, they'd given her an oxygen mask to improve her breathing. She was still seated but the other guys were completely knocked out, they had to be taken on a strecher while being given oxygen.

Of course, we'd called the cops, but there was no way we could get Lian Strauss involved in any of it. Mari san came at the right time and took the child with her. I wonder if she's alright, though the pheromones had settled by the time she came but they were bad enough to make even Aoi nauseated.
What was that anyways?

We filed an assault charge against the guys, claiming they intended robbery. The guys themselves didn't claim anything. It appeared as Aoi suspected, they didn't want to bring up the Strauss estate in front of the cops and therefore they pretended to be simple robbers.

"This is not good?"

The words made both me and Aoi tense up. I wiped the gel off after the doctor had given the checkup and sat up right.

"Is it because I fought?" I asked, using judo and over exerting my body in this condition certainly wasn't the best of the ideas.

"Remember Ms Aoi and Mr Natsuro, I told you about the child showing symptoms of abnormalities" The doctor reminded us.
Of course, we remember, there's no way we'd forget something like that.

"Is it something really serious?" Aoi asked and the doctor sighed as if he was more worried compared to us.

"The pheromones that caused all the ruckus actually belonged to this child" The doctor said.
Me and Aoi both stared at each other for a few seconds as if we'd heard the most idiotic thing ever.

"Don't get me wrong doctor, but it's barely three months, how could something like that produce pheromones?! Especially an alpha's command?" Aoi just had to get a bit direct.

"Weird as it may sound, the child has abnormal pheromones, as you already witnessed, even at this stage, the pheromones were strong enough to knock down grown betas and almost effected you personally Ms. Aoi" The doctor asserted and Aoi became quiet as if she was processing something.