Episode 97

"What smells so good"

"Morning"

"Morning"

"Made breakfast, sit"

Ian nodded right after being lured in by the fresh sweet scent that dragged him out right after waking up.

Mari placed the plates and the rest of the cutlery before him. The omelet bread and some tea, a standard breakfast but in abundance. Though Ian wasn't sure if this was what he'd smelled before.

"Are you making something else too?" He ended up asking, to which Mari turned and looked at him. He still wore his bed hair and pajamas, looking like a total goof.

"Yeah" She replied looking away, it was probably because of what happened last night but she'd felt that sudden urge to hold this man tightly and pinch him just to confirm this wasn't her imagination.

"What are you making?" Ian asked taking the fork and knife though being half attentive towards her too.

"Pastries" Mari replied, her speech was still as limited as usual, she only replied what she'd been asked of, though for someone like Ian who loved talking, she was somewhat of a silent partner that would probably merge into a cushion while sitting on it and he'd accidentally sit on it without realizing she's there.

"I didn't know you could bake" He tried to make conversation nevertheless.

"I love cooking" she spoke with a gentle face.
Unlike Aoi, who'd probably burn the whole kitchen down just in an attempt to fry an egg; Mari was good cook. She cooked when she was sad, she cooked when she was happy. It had become a defense mechanism for her at this point.
"You.." Mari hesitated saying the rest, it really was awkward there having spent their first night with each other, atleast it was for her.

"What is it?" Ian asked attentively especially since she'd bothered to bring something up once in a while.

"Last night, was it good?" She asked as if somewhat insecure about her own position.
They were both alphas. How good could an alpha have had felt being on the recieving side? If he were an omega then she could have speculated something as she was experienced with them but for her, he was her first alpha.

"Felt good, you were really gentle" Ian Strauss spoke with a light tint of blush as he smiled at her. He understood Mari's concerns right away, without even her having to say it.

"Ah, if you felt that I was too soft, I can go rougher next time-" Mari went a little defensive, she was behaving quite unlike herself. Probably because it was because she loved this guy so much.

"I don't like it rough, I like being treated gently and being pampered, you're worrying unnecessarily" It was somewhat embarrassing for Ian to admit otherwise, but he knew that they needed this sort of communication.
Isn't being a partner all about communication? He thought about it, it was natural for one to deliver their likes and dislikes to their partner whether sexual or platonic. This sort of communication would then bridge a trust and safety in a relationship.

" Hmm" Mari nodded, they was little curve at the end of her lips, almost a little effort to smile. She moved closer to the table where Ian sat and rested her palm against the table as she leaned closet to Ian's face. He'd stopped munching looking at her nearing in. Mari kissed his cheek and gently brushed the little bread crumb at the side of his lips using her thumb before she kissed at the corner of his lips.
She'd parted after this leaving Ian Strauss sitting where he was but flustered and stiff.
"You can request anything you want to eat..." She paused with a little smirk "... husband.."

Hearing that word almost blew his mind away. Officially, they were a married couple who'd just had their first night together and now their first breakfast, even though socially, they haven't had the chance to hold a wedding.