Episode 84

"Fated pairs?"

"She said that?"

"It doesn't make sense"

Mari placed her hand on Ian's shoulder, rubbing it up a bit.

"As far as I know Aoi, she wouldn't make a joke like that" Mari told him.

"I know, I'm just trying to absorb this thing, it's just weird, how can someone who's not even born yet have a fated pair? But..." Ian shook his head a bit.

"But you felt it too didn't you?" Mari placed her both hands on his shoulders, massaging them a bit while he sat infront of Lian.

"Only remnants, you were there too, the pheromones in that room were extremely putrid, I felt weak in the stomach..." Ian replied.

"To me it felt like my heart was sinking, I felt as if I couldn't breathe" Mari told him.

"That kid...it's...dangerous...how does it even have awareness at this stage" Ian relaxed his head a bit, somewhat giving into the relaxing massage.

"What are you going to do about this?" Mari asked him.

Ian shook his head "I don't know, what do I do really? Right now a fated pair is the least of my worries"

"A fated pair..." Mari whispered.

"Yeah, but right now I just want Lian to wake up, I can deal with this later..." Ian sighed

"No, I mean he's the kid's fated pair" Mari repeated herself.

"Yeah I know, tell me something new" Ian spoke sarcastically though Mari legit slapped his head.

"What..!" Ian mumbled holding his head.

"Fated pair!" Mari clicked her tongue.

"Oh yeah...!" Ian came to a realization after the hit "No wait, are we like thinking the same thing?"

"I don't really know if something would happen at all" Mari replied.

"No first tell me are you thinking what I'm thinking? Like maybe that kid could help call Lian out or something?" Ian turned to confirm placing his hands somewhat on her waist since she was standing at his back.

Mari was taken by surprise and Ian realized it too. He somewhat removed his hands a bit awkwardly.

"Sorry...I meant, like, you know, we can use that thing to our advantage..?" Ian spoke nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah I thought the same" Mari said and Ian smiled a bit awkwardly.

"Hey now that I am able to process a few things...we're husband and wife now legally.." Ian lowered his head a bit shyly.

"Oh yeah, you mean when I had to sign the marriage agreement giving more than half my property as a dowry to you, figures" Mari replied and Ian covered his face in disappointment.

"Ah I knew it! You hate this don't you! What was I thinking!" Ian shook his head still covering his face with both hands to hide the disappointment mixed with embarrassment.

"We forgot one thing" Mari said and Ian finally looked at her "The groom and bride are supposed to kiss" 

Ian's face lit up again "Will we?"

"Not necessarily" Mari replied and Ian was dumbfounded once again.

"You're enjoying this aren't you" Ian spoke with a cracking nerve.

Mari somewhat smiled, something she rarely did, she flipped her hair behind her ear and leaned closer to Ian's face. He anticipated a kiss for some while which she didn't give and only when he made an annoyed face, she pecked him.