Episode 76

||T/W: The chapter may contain triggering topics, proceed at your own risk.||

-----------------------------------------------------------

"A week!???!"

"Yes, a week"

"You're asking for too much!"

"I'm running out of time here Aoi"

Aoi relaxed back into the chair and took a deep breath. She rubbed her temples.

"Mari, it's not just a bunch of friends gathering for a wedding, it's supposed to be a huge public event to announce the merging of Strauss estate and Kirihara group, even if I'm somehow magically able to make arrangements, think about the guests we're supposed to invite, do you think they'd come on such short notice? People have schedules Mari" Aoi said.

"I can't hand over Ian Strauss to that man" Mari spoke with out even flinching.

"Remember, Lian isn't in that guy's hand anymore, he can't use Ian anymore" Aoi said realizing Mari's concerns.

"I won't hand him over" Mari repeated herself.

Aoi gave out a huge sigh "okay how about, a month, I'll arrange everything"

Aoi tried to bargain but Mari gave her the same look.

"Okay three weeks? Come on I atleast need that much" Aoi lowered the bar, though Mari stood there with her dull yet non budging expression.
"Alright, fine , two weeks, I swear Mari I can't pull it off in lesser than that, please?"

For a moment there Mari didn't react, but Aoi didn't go further backwards than this.

"Two weeks" Mari reiterated and Aoi finally gained her pallor.

"Yes, two weeks, I'll do my best" Aoi was thankful that Mari had atleast agreed.

"Hmm" Mari finally sat down infront of Aoi, she'd been standing the whole time to put pressure.

"Why are you so insistent on not sending Ian back?" Aoi asked
"Won't it be fine with Lian in our hands? There's nothing he can use to control Ian anymore"
Aoi opened a packet of chips and offered it to Mari.
"Besides, he can't make Ian Strauss take other clients, as long as you are with him anyways"

"He must not go back to that man" Mari said taking one, Aoi couldn't understand why she was so insistent about it but she decided that Mari must have a good reason for it so she decided to not ask anymore.

"Hehhh, Who came up with this annoying deal" Aoi said in a rather annoyed face.

"It was you" Mari said

"Me?" Aoi tilted her head whilst pointing a finger at herself.

"You came up with the idea of a business marriage, I suggested kidnapping Ian Strauss in the first place, remember?" Mari tried to make her recollect.

"Oh yeah" Aoi remembered "that was a dumb idea"

"What now, I can't keep him for too long" Mari reminded Aoi.

"For now, I can really go as down as two weeks, try to delay it as much as possible,on the off chance, ask Ian to cooperate with Mr. Strauss without struggling to ensure his own safety" Aoi knew it wasn't right but it was as much as she could handle without messing up.

"I will try" Mari said getting ready to leave.

"Mari?” Aoi made her stop and look at her "Is everything with you okay?"

"Why, are you concerned now?" Mari asked.

"Yeah maybe, forget it, I'm probably just getting **pheromone sensitivity because of Natsu" Aoi shook her hand.