Episode 70

"I didn't mean to.. I just had to do this.. I had to protect him.. You don't know what his fate would be if I hadn't"

"And you think it solved anything? What was supposed to be his fate.. Became mine..!! "

"Don't hate me, I beg you, I tried, I tried hard, I fought till the end.. You don't have to believe me..... but.... I... "

"What's happening... Hey! Open your eyes....! Open your eyes! What's going on...!"

"I'm.. sorry.. Ian.."

"No, no no, you can't leave me like this.. Wake up please... If you will leave me too... Who will save us?"

"Lo..v..u.."

"WAKEUP, NO, MAMA, WAKE UP! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME.. PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME"

The nurses ran about the ward. The doctor went in an emergency.

"What happened?!" Alex who barely dozed off sitting against the wall woke up, his eye bags were hideous at this point.

"He's going into a shock, again" Zhuang answered for him, the doctors didn't have any time to stop and answer him anyway.
"It's the third time in two days..."

Alex became mortified watching what went inside.
Eventually they got the situation under control but Alex couldn't stop biting his nails.

"Why does he keep going into a shock, why isn't he waking up, the shot wasn't that fatal... Then why?" Zhuang mumbled.

"Something must be keeping him from waking up.." Alex replied.

"What do you mean?" Zhuang asked.

"It's psychological... He's probably in a dream like state or maybe stuck in nightmares because he keeps having shocks .. He needs to break through" Alex replied.

Zhuang proceeded to him and took his hands away from his mouth to stop him from that obsessive nail biting that had completely damaged the skin around his nails.

At the same time Aoi came up, she looked at Zhuang as if she wanted to say something but stopped. Alex caught up on that.
"Don't you dare hide anything from me..." he whispered.

For a moment Aoi quietened up but then she had to.

"I dug deep into the Strauss estate and found out a huge omega trafficking trade line..not only omegas are sold as  slaves but also for harvesting organs and selling them on black market, on the outside it may seem like a simple estate of tools trade business but inside, they trade humans... " Aoi said.

"What does that have to do with Ian?" Alex was disgusted enough to not want to know more yet he asked, suspecting it was eventually gonna come down to Ian.

"Ian Strauss is an alpha, there's no doubt about it, an alpha like him has no reason to sell off his body like this, he's too noticeable to have his organs sold either, actually he doesn't have to do any of it and yet he..." Aoi told him and his eyes widened, he clenched on his chest.

"He..sold his body...by that..you mean..." Alex trembled just by hearing that.

"He..took on customers since the age of nine.. Giving them physical favors and then Mr. Strauss used them to blackmail those officials for involving themselves with an alpha and a child.. Most simply got hooked and paid for more..." Aoi told hesitantly, Alex's knees almost buckled, if it weren't for Zhuang, he would have probably fallen over.

" Why... Why did he have to do this..why..didn't he run away... " Alex asked with a trembling voice.

" That's what I came here for, I also wondered why was he doing this as an alpha, he could have escaped any time he wanted.. His hatred for omegas..comes from his mother who couldn't save him but why couldn't he save himself? I only found out after going deep enough, the reason Ian Strauss stayed in that hell without budging was to protect his younger brother Lian Strauss" Aoi said.