Episode 72

"You must never let him know"

"Why..."

"Just promise me"

"I don't want to...why do I have to..I hate him...I hate him..."

"You hate me..not him"

"You'll know the right time...I'll trust you with this...so do what I couldn't do..."

"What makes you think I can do what you couldn't.."

"Because you're way more stronger than me love...you're a very strong child..."

"All I want is someone to save me...I want to cry...I don't have what you think I do..."

"You do...I know it"

"I can't..."

"You must...for the sake of yourself and your younger brother...don't give up...don't let him go through what happened to us...I'm sorry that I was only able to save your elder brother and not you both...I'm so sorry Ian.."

"Mom..."

"hm..."

"I don't hate you..."

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Are you awake?"

Alex asked the boy once he showed some signs of movement. Ian opened his eyes that were heavily buried under dark circles.
He'd gotten thinner, paler and weaker.

He even looked fatigued, barely able to open his eyes, there were still breathing tubes up his nose and he was still hooked up with an IV. He didn't dare move, his legs felt numb and sore anyways. Though Alex was slightly moving his feet in a very professional manner, trying to regulate blood circulation by less straining physical activity.

"Don't worry about it, you're way better now..once they feel you are able to property breathe on your own..they'll remove it" Alex said since Ian appeared bothered by all the stuff on him.

He relaxed back and stared at Alex silently.

Alex helped him do some physical exercise for a few moments, then stopped. The two shared a silent glance before Alex looked down.

"Is..it.." Alex tried to utter a few words but couldn't dare ask. Ian kept on silently staring at him.

At the same time,the door opened and Mari came in. Alex lost his chance to talk privately.

"You're up" She said walking towards Ian and gently brushed his hair with her hand.

"Li...." Ian tried to whisper something to her but the pain made him unable to do so. He only cringed painfully.

"He's safe...I got him out of there the moment I saw your text" Mari said as if she already knew what he meant to ask.

"What text?" Alex asked.

"Before this incident, I received a text from Ian to get Lian Strauss out of the Strauss mansion as soon as possible, I didn't understand at that time but I did it anyway" Mari replied and Alex's eyes widened.

"You knew she'd harm you..." Alex realized.
For Ian to send a message to Mari beforehand meant Ian knew he might not get out of there alive.
"YOU KNEW AND YET YOU!"
Alex completely got engaged.

"What about you" Mari interrupted "You knew the risk too" Mari counter questioned Alex who became silent being unable to answer it.

"Why did you even-" Alex clenched his fists a bit in frustration.