Episode 77

"You knew?"

"It wasn't hard to tell"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"That's not something-"

Mari quietened up halfway, looking around. She appeared somewhat conscious of keeping it down even if they were in the balcony and Ian was downstairs.

"Did he tell you?" Aoi asked but Mari shook her head in a no.
"How long have you known about it, don't tell me you've known it from the start?!"

Mari gave no response but that in itself was a response.
Aoi felt repulsed just thinking about it.

"You should have told me..." Aoi complained.

"He's self conscious, he hates being pitied the most, he still has his pride you know" Mari implied she had done it to save his face.

"You absolutely can't let him go back no matter what" Aoi calmed a bit, realizing Mari's intentions all along.

"I won't" Mari said with a straight face.

Aoi took in a deep breath, recently she'd felt more stressed than usual, even though normally she was able to do multiple things without feeling frustrated.
Natsuro's pheromones were more intense than a normal omega's would be. Besides it wasn't just him, but the pheromones of the child that were effecting her the most.

"Are you-" Mari was about to ask something but stopped half way through.

For a moment there Aoi was blank but then she realized what Mari meant to ask and somewhat chuckled.

"You've gotten kinder" Aoi mumbled.

"I don't need to hear that from you" Mari replied.

"Pfftt why do you always get defensive at compliments" Aoi felt amused.

"Did you get your little horny bunny to start working on the invitations" Mari asked.

"Who? Natsu? Yeah, he's compromising this month too with a substitute professor, it's gonna leave a negative impact on his career" Aoi replied.

"Why does he need to work, you earn in millions?" Mari asked.

"Natsu doesn't rely on my money, he earns his own living and we pay for the apartment equally" Aoi replied.

"Just buy a house or move to Himari mansion" Mari suggested.

"Yeah with the baby on the way, I think I should start looking for houses"
Aoi didn't reply anything regarding the Himari mansion. Though Mari already got her answer.
The place was a bad memory for Aoi.

"What now, what are you going to do?" Aoi asked.

"He'll come for the boy in a week, he clearly has some nasty obsession for him otherwise it isn't normal to go for an alpha" Mari replied.

"What do you mean not normal to go for an alpha?! It's not normal to go for your own damn kid!! That piece of sh-t..." Aoi clenched her fists.

Though a sound distracted the two and they turned to find Ian Strauss standing at the entrance of the balcony with widened eyes and a horrified face.

"Sh-t-" Aoi mumbled but in a few seconds Ian turned away running off.
Aoi was about to move but within seconds Mari ran after him.

He ran down the stairs and Mari chased after.

"Ian-" She called out but Ian didn't stop he ran towards the door, getting out and running down the road.

Mari kept on chasing him, he was out of breath, yet he couldn't stop, he ran with that expression of horror upon his face even though his arm was hurting so much.
Ian was athletic since a young age, so it would have been impossible for any normal person to chase him.
If only Mari was a normal person, she wouldn't have been able to either.