Farewell- II

"We're almost there"

Joshua Hughes mumbled those words as Nicolas wouldn't stop looking at him from the corners of his eyes while he was completely laid over the seat that Joshua had moved back in order to make him comfortable. The rain really was making it harder to drive and it was getting darker too. Travelling down such a worn down road was nothing but madness at this point.

Nicolas Strahovski didn't say a word, in fact it wasn't actually Joshua that he was looking at but the jacket that the man was wearing. Nicolas wasn't afraid because of it, but afraid of the fact that Joshua had made a decision and this decision ultimately applied to both of them. In fact, all along Joshua's life was in Nicolas's hands, however right now it was the other way around.....

Joshua Hughes had made up his mind and Nicolas Strahovski could only comply....

"Oh we're here!" Joshua Hughes spoke rather excitedly looking at the empty space next to him while Nicolas gazed at him with a rather confused look upon his face.

Joshua got off first looking at the huge traditional mansion before him. In that darkness and rain it almost looked like an abandoned ghost manor of 19th century. The moss accumulated at the outside even added to that haunting feeling.

Joshua went over and unloaded a few bags from the back that Nicolas was uncertain about. Not that he could move freely enough to check them, he hadn't been able to feel his legs for a while now and after all that torture from Ivan Strauss, he doubted he would be able to do so in any near time. After Joshua was done with those things he came over to Nicolas, opened the door and actually picked the other man up in his arms.

Nicolas rested his arm comfortably around Joshua's shoulder and let the man carry him in a relaxed manner now that he was no longer wearing that jacket once he came back out.

For a while Joshua had a crazy look to his eyes, not that Nicolas was any less crazy but yeah even someone as scary as Nicolas could only silently abide as he looked over to the full moon being covered by clouds getting cleared up while being carried in. It had finally stopped raining, the baptism was finally complete...now there was only rebirth....

It wasn't long until Nicolas was in a bathtub with Joshua sitting at his back washing his hair for him with his sleeves rolled up.

"Why don't you undress and come in" Nicolas finally spoke after a long time of silence.

"You do know I don't like being naked right?" Joshua gave a calm response throughly rinsing out the shampoo from Nicolas's hair with the shower head in his hand.

Just what Nicolas had expected, Joshua Hughes was atleast still Joshua Hughes.

"Did you buy this place?" Nicolas asked simply looking at the water go down the drain of the tub as Joshua washed his body clean.

"... Why? Don't you like being here? This was where you spent your childhood with your sister before moving abroad right..?" Joshua Hughes counter questioned.

Indeed, the mansion belonged to Clara Hughes before she'd sold it off and went to the city side.
It was not only where Clara Hughes grew up with Nicolas but also the place where Joshua Hughes first met Clara.

It was a place that was both dear and and hated by these men.

After the shower Joshua dried Nicolas's hair for him, normally the other would usually dry Joshua's hair, but today it was the other way around. Though there was no electricity or dryers at hand so Joshua had to do it with a towel before hanging it by the window.

"Are you hungry?" Joshua helped Nicolas lay down on the bed afterwards and gently covered him with a blanket before he was about to leave to fix something to eat. However Nicolas held his wrist without saying a word. Joshua didn't turn back to look at the man.