Episode 68

"It won't work out"

"I know"

Alex rolled around, getting somewhat playful with the rolling chair in Aoi's office.

"Besides you're literally gambling with someone you don't know" Alex said.

"It's still better than Kei's plan of declaring the proofs fake" Aoi shrugged and pulled at the chair, stopping him from rolling in circles.

"If I didn't know you better" Alex put his arms on Aoi's shoulders, tying them around her neck and pulling her close in "I'd think you're trying to get me killed here" He said.

Aoi leaned in and whispered close to his ear "Then what do you say?"

Alex smirked and playfully tied his legs around her waist.

"I'm...still here..." Kei spoke up, sitting on the couch.

"There's a witness to our affair!" Alex said dramatically.

Aoi smacked his head "Don't say misleading things"
Alex let her loose whilst chuckling a bit.

"I'm kinda surprised Akio san let you come on your own" Alex said.

"From what I've heard from Natsu, he's quite over protective" Aoi said looking a bit surprised herself.

"My..psychologist...recommended... making visits..outside on my own..." Kei answered a bit cheerfully at his own little effort.

Alex and Aoi both made a dumbfounded expression and stepped to the corner.

"He's like a child on his first errand"

"I'm pretty sure daddy is nearby watching over him"

The two engaged in backbiting in the corner of the room.

"I...can...hear you..you..know.." Kei said with a half confused smile.

"Did you drive by yourself?" Aoi asked.

"Yes... I can't...take...public transport...yet" Kei answered, he'd just made progress in getting out on his own, though hiring a cab or using public transportation was still too much.

Aoi noticed he'd worn gloves and when he came in he was wearing sunglasses and a mask too, though he took it off. Human contact was still a bit too much for him if made suddenly or without permission.

Alex got up from the chair and stepped to Kei's side
"Can I?" He asked and Kei nodded.
Alex sat near him, slowly taking his arm in his arms and resting his head on Kei's shoulder whilst holding his hand cheerfully, intertwining his own fingers with Kei's.
Kei remained still, he wasn't uncomfortable either, as long as he was mentally prepared for it, he could easily handle it. Besides Alex was always like this, he was kind of used to.

"I'll take care of those videos for you... I promise" Alex whispered "I will not let what happened to me, happen to you as well"
Alex referred to the time back in high school when Liliya and her friends leaked his videos. Aoi realized it, she lowered her eyes a bit tragically whilst stepping towards the window for some air.

"What...are...you...going to do.... Don't...put yourself...in trouble" Kei panicked a bit, he didn't like the sound of that, besides he might not have known Alex longer than Aoi but he knew one thing for sure and that was Alex's reckless behavior.

"Well it seems, he's worried for you afterall" Aoi said, pointing down from the window. Alex and Kei got up too, walking to the window.

"Wah.. Overprotective daddy" Alex mumbled getting Kei all embarrassed while he looked down the window seeing his Akio san waiting by his car outside the building.
The girls were a bit older for pram now so he had to use toddler harnesses to keep them in a reachable distance.