Chapter II - Arctic Flames & Its rowdy Members

Chapter 2.

"Why'd you guys pull me off?" Seraphina banged her fist on the bar table as she sat with her two companions, "I'd have roasted that stinking son of a pig!"

"Yea, and get ourselves into the hands of the knights." Carson, her friend said as he placed his elbow on the table with his chin in his hand.

"You almost burned down the town today and you know nothing except for you can extinguish those blue flames of yours." Fred her other friend spoke up as he placed down his mug of beer.

"You need to restrain your flames a bit, Sera," Carson suggested.

"They aren't my pet or anything, Carson. My flames aren't to be tamed."

"Just like you," Fred muttered and Carson laughed.

"So what?" She said as she drank her beer calling for a refill.

The trio after escaping from the burning town returned back to their guild and sat together drinking, Seraphina was still angry by the fact that the trafficker got away but she was satisfied by the fact that the children were safe. The guildhall was an old building made of wood, stone and iron, the sturdy architecture had held the pride of Arctic Flames for decades and its members for all the time. Though it was usually wrecked multiple times by the tantrums of the guild members yet, it was rebuilt in its native shape every time. Arctic Flames was infamous for its rowdy members yet, what made their reputation run more far and wide was the presence of the Unique wizard named Seraphina Flameheart or what most people called her, The Flame Queen.

She was a Unique because unlike all the other Fireborn wizards she possessed blue flames, those flames were the legacy of her long-dead mother. Seraphina was also infamous for her unstable temper and unparalleled strength in both magic and combat. She was spoiled mostly by the love of her guildmates and her father and that's why she had grown with freedom of having her rights in taking her own decisions instead of relying on others. She absolutely hated it when someone else decided anything for her and she would immediately throw a tantrum and send the guy to the infirmary for around three days as a punishment.

"You go too far, Sera," Fred said.

"Look who's talking," Seraphina muttered and Carson chuckled, "You might as well deny that it wasn't you who set the all the animals free on the streets of the Throi town when we were there to help out on farms." She said making Fred's ears go red in embarrassment.

"That was only because I forgot to check the latch." He defended and both his friends started laughing. This made his ears go more red.

"Wh-What are you laughing at, Carson? You were the one because of whom that giant lizard monster chased us all the way till the chapel of Vinstel town." Fred accused and Carson stopped laughing.

"Well, are we digging out our past shenanigans now?" He asked and Fred looked ready to throw hands.

"Yes."

"You guys... Father is not here so please don't break around too much stuff. He always thinks I start every fight." Seraphina said as she sipped her beer.

"Isn't wrong though, you are always the one because of whom the guildwide fight starts." The third person, Asilax came up and leaned over Fred's shoulder. Asilax and Seraphina were like the mocking partners, they liked being at each other's throats just for fun.

"Oi, Asilax, if you want your jaw in place get lost." She threatened.

"Awe, little Sera is down to threats now."

"She's almost burned the whole town of Hakov, Asilax. You better not be trying to provoke her now." Carson sighed.

Asilax placed his hand on his forehead, "No wonder, master is at the magic council conference. That guy always gets in trouble because of you."