✔LXX - History of Magic pt. II

Seraphina was so into the shock that she didn't see when the cooks came and placed the plates before her. "Then?" She asked.

Demian said, "I will continue after you finish your meals."

Seraphina almost snapped at him, "No! I want to hear how did they managed to finish Graham and Gotham!"

"You want me to stay in the next room?" He threatened and the threat was clear if she didn't listen to him, she could bid farewell the story. She pouted like a five year old kid and started to devour every meals in her mouth hastily-in a very un-lady likely way.

"What are you an ogre?" Demian commented and cringed as she started to chew while her mouth was open.

"Vut I 'ant t' na... 'hat 'apken nest..." She said, her mouth was full with food. (But I want to know what happened next...)

"Just eat slowly..."

It took barely five minutes for her to finish everything and she looked at him with stars shinning in her eyes. Demian's lips twitched at her adorable behavior.

"So..." She insisted.

Demian sighed as he continued from where he left, "Carlie and his new wife could not take it and he didn't want to use the stone on his third son. But his wife pleaded him to bring him back so he decided he would bring Barius back and if he came back as same as his other two sons, he would kill him instantly."

"Somehow it feels like the stone was a curse to his life." Seraphina mumbled without thinking as Demian smiled.

"The stone was cursed."

"What?"

Demian nodded. "Drums of heaven was the stone of fate. It disrupt the flow of fate and ensued chaos. That is the nature of the stone but Carlie had learnt that after his wife pleaded him. He knew he had to bring him back and so he used the stone."

"When Barius came back alive, he was wary of him but Barius was still the same and he still had the divine blessing. The only thing that changed was he came back as a full grown man and he wasn't entirely immortal. He aged slowly."

"Like dragons." Seraphina said.

"Yes. Like Dragons. He is our ancestor. The first Dragon born. He could shift as a dragon and he could tame the environments and he had divine blessings too. Carlie was afraid if he start using his powers in bad ways but Barius never harmed anyone instead he fought with his brothers."

Demian continued, "He fought with them for many years but his brothers were immortal and Carlie saw Barius was slowly aging. And soon he became old and could no longer fight. He was powerful but not immortal. His brothers weren't powerful like him but they had an advantage of being immortal."

"So Barius could not kill them?"

"No. He died after growing old and his children fought with them and the process went on and on for years. By now, Carlie was 1000 years old and he lost his son and all of his family and he could take it no longer. He wanted to die too but he could not. He started to hate the stone. He hid it far away but his immortality never vanished."

Seraphina somehow felt bad for Carlie as he might be very lonely as Demian said, "When Barius died, he told his father to destroy the stone but they had no weapons to do that as nothing can put a dent on it. So, Barius said to use his bones to make a sword and destroy it."

"Barius was a white dragon with the power divine blessing thus the sword had the same powers and as a father, he could never see his son's death before him so in a spite of anger and sadness he cut it. He was the man who cut down the stone, Drums of Heaven into three pieces. Only he could do that because the stone had an attachment with him. He had feed it with his fate so when he cut it the stone released him from his curse of immortality."