Chapter 98 - I have finally found you

"Err... What do you mean?" Seraphina asked as Sakina and Xia looked at Reginald with quizzical brows.

"Step back..." Reginald said.

"Are you?" Sakina narrowed her eyes and pursed her lips as she asked in confusion, "No, only Royals can do it. How can you?"

"Do what?" Seraphina asked as her eyes moved between them and she portrayed her confusion. She had no idea what they were talking about.

"Well, I am no Royal but I can." Reginald answered.

"Can do, what?" Seraphina asked again but the three totally ignored her again.

"But it is impossible." Xia said, still not believing.

"We'll see," said Reginald and stepped back as both Sakina and Xia stepped further from the guard while Seraphina still stayed where she was, getting angry at them as no one was answering her.

Seraphina asked again but this time with an enraged voice, "Will anyone say, what are you talking abo-?"

Before Seraphina could finish, brown scales started to grow on Reginald's skin and soon it devoured every inch of him where there was no skin left. The scales spread to his face and his hands and legs got claws and within a minute, there was a giant reptile standing in front of them with giant bat-like wings. His teeth were pointed and edgy, and there were spikes with sharp points on the top of his body. Beneath his body the scales grew harder as if no arrow could break it. His giant head had two horns pointing at the sky and his nose strolls breathed fire. The monstrous creature had demon-like eyes and there were traits left if it was Reginald or not.

Seraphina stood there for a minute with a wide mouth and two round eyes, watching the reptile who stood sturdy on his four limbs. The tales of dragons she had heard since her childhood, now she was witnessing it uncovering before her eyes.

And it wasn't only her, both Sakina and Xia were dumb struck as they gaped on the guard now turned dragon.

"W-wh-wha-what is this?!" Seraphina shouted, still could not believe, "Where is Reginald? Is that Reginald? Or this dragon ate him?"

"You just saw yourself, Reginald transforming into a dragon. How can he eat himself?" Sakina asked.

"Bu-but, how? Why?" It was certain that Seraphina still could not comprehend the situation as she had never seen anything like this. Certainly she had seen great powers and disastrous powers but she had never once seen a dragon-a real dragon-from this near. She was certain no one had seen one in her guild as well.

Sakina looked at Seraphina and chuckled, "Well, it seems you are surprised to see a dragon."

"I have never ever like ever seen a dragon in my entire life!"

Xia and Sakina laughed and said, "Well, Dragonborns with royal blood can transform into dragons but you rarely get to see them."

"Why rarely?"

"We don't need to transform into one nowadays and besides," Sakina took a look at Reginald for a moment and said, "not everyone can transform into one."

Seraphina looked at Sakina and realized Xia, Hena and Sakina can't transform even though they had royal blood running in them. That was why they were discarded from their countries because it was a disgrace. They took the transformation as a sacred thing and as they could not they lost everything. She felt bad for them but then she asked, "That means, Reginald is a royal?"

Sakina's brows knotted and she looked at Xia as she said, "We don't know but it is certain that he got royal blood in him. Normal Dragonborns can't transform no matter how much they try."