Chapter 90 - Blessed with power of love and Friendship

Seraphina's eyes widened as she recalled the fire emblem of their guild. The red cross above it meant they were threatening her guild.

She looked at the steward who stood with a grim face. It was certain he wanted answers.

"T-they left that?" She asked again.

"Yes, it appears they already know about you being here."

It was certain that they knew about her whereabouts but why threaten her guild? How was Demian related to this?

"Then they..."

"Yes, they were here for you but when they found out you weren't there, they took the Prince and left the cloth." Alonzo said and Seraphina felt trouble while breathing.

They came for her but took Demian. It seemed ahe was indeed a threat for them. She felt her hands shaking with fear. How could she think that everything was okay?

She should have been more careful yet she was always careless and now her carelessness might take Demian's life. She looked at Alonzo with pleading eyes as she asked, "Did they leave any note?"

"No. But it seems you were their prime aspect." Alonzo said, "Master Valentine didn't disclose this to anyone except to me and the crown Prince. But if your nation has anything to do with it, I am afraid we have to do what General Houjou said."

Seraphina nodded without saying anything.

Celia snapped her head at Alonzo as she asked, "How could you say that to Seraphina?"

She burst on the steward, "You know her more than anyone in this castle... Yet you want to do that to her as well? You want to," here voice quivered, "You want to kill her?"

"It is not my decision to make." Alonzo's voice became hard, "I know that she would never do anything that would cause harm to my prince but the others won't listen."

Seraphina nodded as her eyes laid on the ground. She had never felt so useless and helpless in her life. She was a stupid girl and now she had dragged both her guild and her husband into this.

It seemed her father was right about sealing her powers. She didn't deserve it.

She was caught into a trap and she didn't know how to get back on her feet. If she left, they would kill Celia as a punishment of betraying the dragon nation and not to mention the dragon nation would wage a war against the wizards. If she didn't go, they would kill Demian along with her guild. Or worse, they might have different motives but her mind was fogged with loneliness and she felt, slowly her whole heart was crumbling into pieces.

She wanted to laugh at her fate. She wanted to ask Fate why she put her into this mess? How can she choose among all of them? They all were precious.

She clutched her hands against her chest as she felt suffocated. Her head leaned against the door as she lost her balance. It was getting harder and harder to breathe as each breath felt like thorns were embedded on her chest. Tears fell from her eyes as she wanted to hide under a sheet and never come back. She missed her friends who would help her when the time was rough and she missed the protection of her father who would always clean up her mess. And she missed her mother despite she hadn't seen her but she wanted to hide in her arms and find comfort.

She didn't know what to do. Whom to ask for help. How to save everyone. The burden was slowly eating her from inside.

"Well, it would be another fact if the wizard ran away and somehow saved the prince." Alonzo said, making Seraphina halt as she looked up.

But wouldn't that make Celia's life endangered?

"Well, the maid might be in danger unless the wizard comes back by the sunrise." Alonzo finished while scratching his chin as his mustache danced in the air creating illustrations of shadows behind him on the wall.

"Are you out of your mind?" Celia growled beside him as a form of wax fell on his hand and she hissed. "How can she possibly save the prince while fighting more than twenty or maybe thirty wizards on her own?"

"She doesn't even have her powers." Celia mumbled.

"Of course, the dragon guards had gone out in search of the Prince and they might be waiting at the back entrance." Alonzo shrugged now his mustache blissfully creating more artistic shadows. "Who knows? Some wild wizard might escape the castle!"

There was a moment of silence among them as Seraphina stood up and her eyes now blazing with fire of determination. "Alonzo..." She sniffed, "I will be forever in your depth."

"No. You won't be since this was all Master Valentine pulling the strings. I am just a pawn." He said and she could feel he was smiling at her genuinely even though it was hidden under his big bushy mustache. She sniffed.

"I... I promise, I will save him and come back even if I die." Seraphina could not stop her tears as she felt very lucky to find some people who would not judge her despite the fact that she was a wizard.

"No. Don't die, please." Alonzo said as he took the keys from Celia and unlocked the door. The door opened with a hiss and Alonzo added, "My Prince would be shattered and broken if his wizard won't be by his side after his transformation."

Seraphina nodded vigorously as she threw herself at the old steward and while embracing him, she cried. It was a cry of joy that she was blessed with some amazing people. She thanked her dead mother for giving birth to her. She swore this time, she would save everyone and she won't let anyone harm her dear ones. She may not have her powers but she felt very powerful just by the love of her people.

She had never felt this power before. It was the power of love, power of friendship, power of trust. She thanked her father for sealing away her powers. If he didn't, she would have never recognised the important aspects of her life. She had ignored everything and relied on her powers so much that she had forgotten her own worth. The worth that people had beside their magic.

She cried as she held Celia close to her and Alonzo patted her head, giving her the fatherly feeling she had been missing all this time in the dragon castle.

She looked up as she wiped her tears and said, "I will be back, Alonzo. Can you keep Celia safe by then?"

The steward nodded enthusiastically, "Of course, after all I am a good steward."

"Yes, one in a million." Seraphina said as all three of them shared a laugh and it was time for them to move. She could not waste her time.

"Go and let them taste the fist of the flame queen." Alonzo said as Seraphina nodded.

"And don't forget to burn them to ashes after that," Celia said as both of them looked at her while blinking.

"Err... Why burn them?" Seraphina asked, "Besides, I don't have my powers, did you forget already?"

"Burn them to ashes so nobody can ever try to cross paths with you." Celia growled, irritation visible in her voice, "And by burning means with fire not with your powerful flames."

Celia ordered, "I want you to kill them bits by bits until they-"

"Remind me never to get on her bad side, will you?" Alonzo asked Seraphina as Seraphina nodded.

"Remind me of that from time to time as well." She said to Alonzo as Celia kept talking about gory details of killing the wizards. They had never expected to get such privilege from the human maid. Now Seraphina was thinking what went into Celia's mind when she disobeyed her?

A chill ran down on her spine. Celia could kill her without anyone noticing it and she was glad she hadn't caused much trouble for her. Or, did she?

As they exited the dungeon, all three of them froze as a great amount of power resonated from before them. With two guards and a white hooded man stood there. But they weren't frozen by them, instead they went numb by the tall silver haired person who stood with his golden eyes glinting murderously at them.