✔Chapter XXX - I don't like my Woman Weak

Billard was troubled.

He opened the small crumbled letter where one of the informers had sent him a detailed report on the attack. His large study was empty, filled with the swelling worry that emanated from him. He had called out the four guards and Master Valentine to get a detailed report about the ambush.

There was a knock and Billard spoke up, "Come in." His eyes stayed on the letter, reading it many times, scrutinizing if he had read it wrong.

As he tilted his head, he saw Master Valentine and the four guards he had appointed entering.

All of them paid their respect to him and Billard asked, "I heard you did your best to protect the prince and princess and you will get rewards for it." His eyes took in their faces and saw they had fatigue painted on their faces, "but I must ask you the details of this ambush."

The guards bent their heads and said, "Yes, Your Highness."

"How powerful was the enemy and How many of them were there?"

One of the guards answered, "They were six men, everyone had powers."

"What kind of powers?" He pressed his words.

"They were wizards, Your Highness. One of them was earthborn, three of them were airborn, one was rather timid however, he was a good combatant and their leader must be a high tier considering the aura he was giving off."

"High tier, you say?" Billard rested his chin on one of his hands, "Wizards are trying to kill Demian?"

What would the wizards gain from killing Demian and Seraphina? This was troubling him for quite a while. Other than meddling with their alliance, they had no other reason.

Billard entered into deep thoughts about how wizards could enter the Dragons forest and they even went near the hidden land! It was very unlikely as the whole Dragon kingdom had strict rules and very fine settlement so no wizards could enter without a strong reason. Was there someone among his people who had been helping them to enter his kingdom without his knowledge? If there was, then it would be a very big trouble to find him. But for what purpose?

He read the letter again and asked, "How powerful was the leader?"

"Very much that it would have taken two dragonborns to handle him."

He knew how powerful the high tiers were. He personally had never met one however, he gets news of them. And he had heard many tales from Master Valentine and his father. Both of them had fought with wizards in the last battle.

Billard nodded as the last sentence left him with bizarre thoughts. They said Princess Seraphina had killed the high tier. And if it would take two of his men to handle him, how did she manage to kill him? It was very unlikely for a single human to take on a high tier wizard.

Billard tilted his head and said to the guards, "Well, thank you again for your assistance. Now you may all go and take proper rest."

The guards once again bowed before departing from the chamber as Billard placed his elbows on the desk before him entwining his fingers before his lips, questions after questions forming in his mind.

"Master Valentine, have you ever fought with a high tier before?"

Master Valentine nodded, "Yes, two of them."

"Did you manage to win?"

"Well, if I hadn't, I wouldn't be here, would I?"

Billard nodded as he chuckled. "So, were they as powerful as the guards say?"