✔Chapter XXIV - The Bald man with one Eye

The guards rushed to the front lines facing the five attackers who had emerged from the trees. Demian and Seraphina were still inside the carriage watching through the small window what unfolded outside.

Seraphina could feel the blood in her veins rushing wildly as if the fire within her was resurrected all of a sudden. She didn't know the presence of this particular individual but he definitely was a mage, but of what kind?

Seraphina poked her head out to see where the source was but she couldn't pin point it. He seemed to have hid himself in the woods but the aura was too strong to conceal or maybe he wanted them to know that they were being targeted.

Suddenly just as that thought crossed Seraphina's mind the sound of an explosion filled her ears and for a moment all she could see was the bright orange flames. She blinked and realised it that they were surrounded by the wall of flames. The mage wasn't any ordinary one, he was a fire mage. Seraphina clenched her teeth at that revelation and wondered who of her nation would be responsible for this.

"Stay here." She heard Demian behind her and saw him stepping out, she wasn't the one who would listen to orders so, she stepped out right after him.

"What- I told you to stay inside!" He exclaimed looking angrily at Seraphina.

"We're outnumbered." She said looking at the five mages and the four guards who were trying to find a way to out out the flames but couldn't since these flames were made from magic and no one could put them out except for a mage.

"That's not the point, these people don't seem like the ones who had attacked us earlier they are stronger." Demain said looking at the mages fighting the guards. The mages were fast and strong enough to put up with the best guard put up by Master Valentine himself. For one thing he was glad that instead of the regular knights he let these four be their personnel for this journey.

"That's more the reason why I should be out here." Seraphina said as she gripped the dagger given to her by Xia and eyed the flames which only surrounded those two.

"Stay close." She said and Demian frowned.

The presence seemed to have moved as Seraphina could now feel his aura swelling as if he was walking right towards them. Seraphina's grip on the dagger tightened when she saw a shadow emerging from the woods. The shadow stepped out and it turned out to be a tall man clad in a black cloak and black attire. He walked towards them while the guards fought the other mages, Seraphina clenched her jaws as she felt the weight of his aura on her body. He wasn't a normal tier like the other mages out here, he was stronger. A High Tier!

Seraphina ran through her memory to see how many high tiers were in fire nation, there weren't many two of them were in her own guild, her own father and Merlene and then there were the others whom she knew as well but then who was this guy. Seraphina squinted her eyes to see if she could recognise the man and in that moment he lifted the hood which concealed his face. He was a bald man with left eye covered by a black eye patch and a black beard and mustache growing on his face. He wasn't anyone of familiarity, but there was no way someone this strong wouldn't be a High Tier. If she didn't know him and if he wasn't on records then, that only meant one thing. Seraphina's eyes widened and blood ran cold as he calmly stepped in the fire circle with a casual air.

"Greetings, Your Highnesses." He smiled devilishly and Seraphina got in a fighting stance.

"Who are you?" Demian demanded and the mage tilted his head to look at him.

"Me? Oh, you could call me Aag. You have no idea how long I've been wanting to meet you. Your Highnesses." His teeth gleamed by the light of the flames and Seraphina just knew that Demian shouldn't be anywhere close to this guy.