✔LXIX - The History of Magic pt. I

Demian had never seen Seraphina that much saddened and as he promised her, he set best physicians to watch over Lady Cathride. He had told Alonzo to look after the rest of the work in Rockdelia as Demian and Seraphina were about to leave Rockdelia the next morning. Well, accompanied by Casian and his attendant, Allison. Despite that, he wanted to leave them there.

Seraphina hadn't left the chamber as Demian left to talk to the captain of the ship. Reginald and Captain Seniel accompany them to the Dragon's city.

He had ordered Reginald to guard the door if any man, especially the golden haired serpent came along. He didn't want him around her.

It would take three days to reach back and he had to tell everything to Master Valentine as he thought everything about the trading ship was odd. From its arrival to its sudden perishing. It was just too soon for the Felis guy to hide away. He was certain he would come along.

As the ship was about to leave its shore in a few minutes, Demian noticed Alonzo was coming in a hurry. Demian put his hands in the air as the guards went to the captain's chamber to stop him.

Alonzo came to the deck as he panted and bent forward to fill air in his lungs. Demian asked, "What is it Alonzo?"

"The...the crew members of Dark Maiden..." He panted as Demian's brow raised. The way Alonzo was acting seemed like it was dire.

After a few minutes, the old steward stood up straight and bowed, "Pardon, Your Highness for interrupting your voyage but there was information which needed your attention."

Demian nodded.

"The crew members of Dark Maiden all went insane over the night. Some of them even tried to kill each other and some even wounded our soldiers. A few of them tried to kill themselves." As Alonzo informed him, Demian's mind formed with notions as Alonzo continued, "It seems they have lost sight of their resolve and sanity. They are acting like a bunch of maniacs who would either kill others or kill themselves."

Demian was worried why they suddenly went berserk. Was it because they had seen Felis or was it because they knew something that they should not.

Just what kind of magic this Felis had cast on them?

Whoever it was, he needed to discuss this with Master Valentine. He said, "You may go now, Alonzo and keep sending me reports on them and your work."

Alonzo nodded as he bowed, "Yes, Your Highness."

"And Alonzo," Demian said as the old steward looked up, "Be sure to stay safe. I'd be needing you for the upcoming threats."

Alonzo felt pride swelling in his chest but he knew the Young Prince had a foresight and he was doubting in the near future, destruction would ensue. It somehow made him feel a little scared but he could not deny the excitement that ran through his veins.

He nodded, "Of course, Your Highness."

*****

As Alonzo left the ship, Demian looked at the port of Rockdelia. Right now, it was calm and peaceful but soon it wouldn't be and he had to think of something before that happened.

The only good thing happened that the people of Rockdelia now started to live in peace and had the enthusiasm to start again which would help him to rebuild the city's economy. It was his first task before everything. However, he didn't know if he would see the city in its full bloom as his transformation day was reaching him with speed. If anything happens, he knew he had his trusted men to carry on his will.

He released a sigh as a voice said from behind, "Your Highness, the weather is clear and we are ready to sail."

Demian looked at the man and it was the captain of the ship as he asked, "Shall we sail?"