Chapter 86 - Zekalis

Defeat has a strange sound in itself. People would take it either in a negative way where they would go insane or, they would take it in a positive way where they would learn from it.

However, when it came to Zekalis, he would feel insanely motivated.

The first time he experienced defeat was when he was a young child. He was defeated by Jord Flameheart when they were in their master's old guild, Arctic Flame.

Jord was younger than him yet he had more powers and he wasn't even from the line of wizard bloodline. His mother was a human and his father was a Kigh Tier wizard who was greatly known as the Murik. His magnetic fields were terrifying but Jord didn't have his powers. He had just normal fire power.

Zekalis, on the other hand, had a sophisticated power of wind. A very powerful yet Jord managed to defeat him. Not ones, but over and over again.

Zekalis's father was in the magic Council and often shamed him for being defeated by Jord. He didn't like it and that was when in his teens he had killed his father. He felt joy as if he had won.

He became a labeled criminal but he had managed to break free from the dungeons and finally went to the west for a short journey. He had met many wizards. Good ones and bad ones but he felt at home when he found Dark Fairies. A dark guild infamous for trading unique wizards.

The Guild Master was terrifying yet he liked that about him and when the time came, he kill him and became its infamous Guild Master Zekalis.

His businesses spread wide and the guild became a negotiating center of black market. Until the fire nation's Guild, The Arctic Flames decided to poke its nose into his business.

The world must be round as his old guild came back to hunt him down and not only the guild but also the boy, Jord Flameheart who was its guild master. Fate had a cruel way of coming back to you.

He was enjoying the play of mouse and cat with the fire nation but it affected his business. And when Arctic Flameheart's wizard started to meddle in his businesses, he wasn't pleased at all.

Right at the present, Zekalis had been infuriated by the Arctic Flame as they poured water in his plans especially from its Guild Master, Jord Flameheart. He had been trafficking uniques to different places and making money; however, whenever he went to raid, the wizards of Arctic Flames had been making it hard for him.

First, when his men got captured while taking children from Havok town. He got a report a blue flamed wizard had burnt his ship.

He was infuriated.

But one thing caught his eye. That was the blue flamed wizard. He had seen Fire powered wizards but had never seen a blue flame. He was curious and he started to track this particular wizard.

He came to know it was the infamous Flame Queen of fire nation. He was excited as he finally found a gem. He might sell the wizard at a high price but then came to know The Flame Queen already had a bounty on her head in the black market. 100000 gold coins.

He could not help but to feel the itch in his hands however, he saw no one would want to go hunt this wizard. Was the wizard that powerful?

He had been searching for more information on the Flame Queen when he found out the wizard was Jord Flameheart's daughter. Again, fate had played a cruel game on him.

Whenever he tried to start over or leave his old guild behind, somehow it had always come back to him. Again, Jord Flameheart, his old companion. And his business was running low as his old companion's guild was interfering in his plans.