Chapter V - The Flame Queen isn't dead yet

Chapter 5.

The knock on the door made Merlene look up, she watched Seraphina as she slept and then walked over to the door. She opened the door revealing Nerion who looked solemn.

"Master asked me to deliver this to you." He said and handed Merlene a scroll, Merlene frowned as he slowly peeked inside and then sighed shaking his head and then left without any other word. Merlene walked inside and went up to the kitchen.

"Merlene!" Merlene slightly jumped as River appeared out of nowhere with urgency on his face.

"What's wrong, River?" Merlene asked and River opened his mouth and his eyes dropped to the scroll.

"I guess I got late." He sighed with an annoyed look, "By your looks you haven't read that yet." He said and Merlene looked down at the scroll.

"What do you mean?" 

"Read it and you'll know what's going on." Merlene eyed him as she slowly unrolled the scroll and started reading.

The spaces where Merlene's fingers clutched the scroll it wrinkled to the extent of tearing as Merlene grimaced at the scroll.

"What kind of shit is this?" She exploded.

"I wonder the same thing, I wasn't supposed to but I heard the thoughts of the Waterborn who had come down to our guild with this. He was thinking that his 'Great' master will tame the Flame Queen and bring peace to the world." He made the quotation marks for 'great' as he spoke.

"Tame her? What is she? A monster?" Merlene growled throwing the scroll down on the floor.

"Master has agreed though." River said and fire erupted from Merlene's hands.

"How could he? Here we can't send Sera off to any of the Fireborn Guilds and he's ready to send her off to the Waterborn Guild? Has he lost it?"

"Possibly, but this guy is the Master of Oracle Hearts, you have heard of him, haven't you?" River said and Merlene nodded. She had heard a lot about his power and strength yet, she wasn't satisfied with that to send Seraphina off to him.

"Master was thinking that the guy will keep Sera happy and Sera will lead a good life." River said as he leaned against the wall watching the fuming Merlene.

"Lead a good life my ass! Those are Waterborns how on earth can he keep her happy?" Merlene grounded her teeth.

"That's not it, we won't be able to see Sera once she's gone." River said and Merlene casted her glare on the scroll that lied on the floor.

"I'll go over there and I'll roast him." Merlene said.

River raised his eyebrows, "Wow, you sounded like Sera just now." 

"You think this is a joke?" Merlene hissed at him and he sighed.

"I very well know this isn't a joke but I do know that we only have four days in our hands with her. If you can, then make a plan of saving her, I'll help." River said and Merlene looked at him.

"Besides, where is she? It's so quiet. Is she not at home?" River asked looking around and Merlene looked at the room where she had kept Seraphina. Her condition wasn't good at all, she was almost delirious after losing her mother's flames and now–

"She what?" River shouted and Merlene cursed herself for thinking all that knowing full well that River was greatly capable of hearing her thoughts.

"What the hell is happening?" He demanded.

Having no choice Merlene explained him everything that had happened within two days and he took it all in silently.

"I don't understand Master's ways sometimes." He hissed pinching the bridge of his nose after Merlene was done.