Chapter 106 - The only thing she was best at

Seraphina stayed on the bed as she felt her body was still exhausted and soon, a knock came before Prince Billard entered. He was in his silver rob as always and his silky hair cascaded down behind his back.

Seraphina was about to sit when he stopped her and said, "Don't need to do any formalities now."

Seraphina went back to being laid but she felt a bit awkward.

Prince Billard took a chair and sat as he took a deep sigh. "Where should I start?"

Seraphina's brows knitted as Billard began, "Thank you for everything, Seraphina." He gave a genuine smile and added, "Especially for saving Demian."

He looked at her with a look of gentleness and said, "I apologize for doubting you or judging you based on a different race. It was very immature of me."

Seraphina shook her head and said, "It is not immature. You were being cautious of the previous things my race had done. I know it is not impossible to remove the dark past so easily."

Billard nodded as he looked down at his hands on his lap. "I knew that you were different and somehow, I believed that you could save Demian. After my father got sick, I had been tasked with the whole kingdom and I only had my brother to support my back and if something happened to him, there would be nothing left for me."

Billard looked into her eyes and said, "If you wish to go back to your country, I can make preparations for that. I promise no one would say anything and no one would try to harm you."

Seraphina's heart thumped at the thought of leaving the Dragon Kingdom. Did she really wish to leave Demian? Yes, she wanted to see her father but she didn't want to leave Demian either.

A whirlwind of emotions appeared in her chest as her eyes clouded with the thoughts. She said in a weak voice, "I do wish to see my father but I don't know what Demian wants." She started to nibble on the rag as she looked down.

The uneasiness on Seraphina's posture couldn't be avoided by Billard's eyes as he smiled. He felt their innocent love between Seraphina and Demian at the fighting arena and he didn't want to separate them. More than anyone, he wanted Seraphina to stay. He knew the curse was lifted because of her.

'A woman would shower them with her warmth', the prophecy wasn't a lie it was just they took the hint wrong. It was her sacred blue flames which lifted the curse and fate played a big part in it. If it wasn't for that bandit attack of Zekalis's men that day, Seraphina would have been staying with the Waterborn guild master.

Billard thought what if the brides weren't exchanged. He looked at the wizard and his lips curled up in a smile. Irony was that the wizards were their enemy yet a wizard was the one who saved a dragon and the whole dragon race.

Seraphina looked at Prince Billard and said, "I have to tell my father about the incidents."

"Make no haste, I have sent a letter with some of my men to inform your father of everything."

Seraphina's eyes bulged out from their sockets. "W-what did he say?"

"I suppose, the letter hasn't been delivered yet. Once it reaches them, we will know." Prince Billard said with a small smile playing on his lips. "I have briefed him everything about the dark guild wizards as well and how you have helped us and saved the Young Prince of the Dragons. I wrote that I do not want any kind of personal issues between the wizards and dragons so if Seraphina Flameheart wishes to go back, I will send her with maximum protection."

"What if my father comes here instead?" Seraphina asked as she looked at him with horror in her face.

"Then we will welcome him with our hands spread wide. After all, he is my sister-in-law's father, thus, he is a part of our family." He smiled and Seraphina smiled as well.