✔Chapter XII - The cursed Prince

Chapter 12.

The wedding feast was arranged after the marriage ceremony and other rituals, Seraphina sat beside the young prince while Celia stood behind her. She was still in a haze after what happened.

She had a hunch of ridiculous rituals of a wedding but it exceeded her limits that it held an intimate moment as well. She recalled the moments when the young prince's lips touched hers and and head blew up as if a volcano eruption.

She snuck a peek at the prince beside her, he wasn't even paying heed to her. All he did was just sit beside Master Valentine while The Crown Prince engaged in a conversation with other entities of peer system. Zenith was with other female companions and their whispers continued. She could feel occasional gazes from every direction as if they had never seen a human bride which they hadn't because it was the first time this was happening and she could feel why Demian didn't want the wedding.

Compared to a wedding with a Dragonborn, marrying a human bride seemed far less appealing. Besides, with a Dragon you could get the extra benefits of praise as she found everyone had been giving more attention to the crown prince and his wife. Other than them, there were a few personas who emitted powerful auras, they were being showered with compliments as well. Seraphina could not ignore the sneers that a few females and royals were giving her and she simply gave them scowls.

Demian would nod occasionally when someone commented or congratulated them. The whole time he would not look at her, not even a glance. Nothing. Was she looking that ugly?

Seraphina didn't mind when even nobody was complimenting her or saying she was looking good on her big day but Demian not even taking a look at her somehow riled her up.

"Ah, my apologies, Your Highness I have arrived a little late." A new voice piped in and Seraphina turned her head to see a tall man with a few red strands in his dark hair bowing before Demian. He wore a black and red coat and once he'd greeted the prince his eyes shifted to Seraphina. The moment his silvery gaze fell on her she shivered feeling the power he held.

"It doesn't matter, Casian. I thought you'd not come." Demian said, distastefully.

"Oh, how can I not attend your wedding, dear cousin?" He spoke and Seraphina did all in her power to not let her jaw drop. This guy was Demian's cousin, that meant he was a royalty as well. No wonder his aura was so strong.

"May I have the honor of introducing myself to the new princess of Dragonsland?" He smiled showing off his gleaming teeth, he stretched his hand at Seraphina and she looked once at Demian who looked away. She slowly slipped her hand in Casian's and he clasped his fingers around her hand gently and brushed his cold lips on her knuckles.

"I am Duke Casian Versete Horatio Bon Vermence. I am the cousin of His Highness, brother of Princess Zenith." He said and Seraphina managed a smile. No wonder their auras were alike.

"I'm Seraphina." Seraphina said, he raised his eyebrows giving her an amused look.

"You sound quite humble, princess. Has the marriage taken an effect on you?" He asked and she frowned.

"Being a martyr for your nation." He clarified and Seraphina resisted the urge to give him a deadly glare.

"Regardless, it's such an honor to be in presence of such a beautiful bride." He said and Seraphina almost raised her eyebrows. Was he trying to hit on her?

"Yo-Your Lordship Casian? It's a pleasure to see you." Steward Alonzo quickly intercepted bowing deeply to Casian and Casian for a moment looked at the steward then at back at Seraphina.

"Hello, Alonzo." He said.

"Your Lordship Casian, let me get you refreshments." The steward seemed like he was trying to take Casian away from Seraphina.