✔Chapter XVIII - Because, I see myself in Demian

Chapter 18.

Demian woke up and found Seraphina beside him and once again, it was hard to resist touching her wild curls then he recalled she had a fever the other day. His worried eyes searched for the wound on her right hand which was wrapped around in a cloth. How come she was here in this chamber? How did she come here?

He sat up and stretched his hand to her forehead, confirming if she still had the fever or not. Her skin was warm but there was no fever. He felt relieved and was about to hop out from the bed when Seraphina tightened her arms him.

"Will you just let me go, now? I have work to do."

In response, she mumbled a few words which he failed to understand and he knew she was still in her slumber. He tried to untangle her hands only to be tangled more as she pressed him against herself and Demian found himself heated with the close proximity. He huffed thinking, maybe he should get accustomed to it from now on since they were married.

A knock came and Demian knew it was Master Valentine.

"Come in," he said.

Master Valentine entered closing the door behind him and as soon as his eyes fell on them, he turned his eyes away, "I-I apologise for the interruption -"

"There is nothing going on to be interrupted. Just wake her up!" He hissed, his face red with anger and the closeness of her.

"But, Princess Seraphina still need her rest, Your Highness." Master Valentine's eyes remained on the floor.

"Then take me out of her grip."

Master Valentine's eyes widened and once again, fell on them as a redness appeared on his brownish skin. He held his gaze long at Demian pleading not to order him something like this but Demian felt more awkward than him.

"Do it!" he ordered.

The poor advisor looked at him helplessly and said, "I shall just call for her maid."

Demian had never seen the advisor exit with the speed of lightning in his life. He had always been calm and collected.

"Hey, you ogre. Wake up!" He nudged her head as she groaned and slowly cracked her eyes open. Seeing him just an inch away she screamed and fell from the bed on the floor.

Demian's hands reached his ears and he growled, "Stop screaming. I am not that scary..."

"I- what are you doing here?" She asked.

"I should be the one to ask you that. What are you doing here?" He motioned his finger across his room as Seraphina looked around and finally realised it wasn't her chamber. Her cheeks turned red.

"Well, I thought I should check if you were harmed any way so I came."

He nodded. "Then how come you were sleeping here when I woke up?"

She let out a nervous chuckle and said, "I felt hungry but I was too tired so, I must have fallen asleep."

As soon as her words left her mouth, her stomach rumbled and flush reached to her cheeks. Demian found it amusing and was about to comment on it when another knock came.

Seraphina's maid Celia entered following Master Valentine however, his eyes were still on the ground as if he didn't want to witness another awkward moment like earlier.

Seraphina stood up and Celia asked with a small smile, "Princess Seraphina, when did you leave?"

"Oh, Celia! I was hungry so, I thought I could just get something to eat."

Celia nodded the smile still attached to her lips as she said through gritted teeth, "You could have woken me up but, you managed to sne- leave the room... again."