✔LXIII - The Only Voice that could Give her a Cold Sweat

Knight Bert's heart thumped as he slowly walked toward the muddy path. Both sides of it, in wild carves stayed large trees which provided a decent amount of shade as they reached the old port. South Coast. The port hadn't been used in ages as it was piled up in dirt, decayed leaves and algae sprouting out everywhere.

In his hand, a rope hung and to the other end of it stayed three slaves, all of them had been wrapped by it. The rope tightened around their hands and waists. His heart thumped as he got near and behind him, two of his soldiers had two-three slaves along with them.

A shiver ran down on his spine as he felt a terrifying aura when they reached the port. A ship stayed further into the sea and two strangers waited there in black attires, a large boat behind them at the dock. Their faces weren't covered and from the distance he could see they were the same men who took the slaves and lord knows where they had taken them.

"Only this many?" One of them asked who had a thick beard and he was a foot taller than Knight Bert.

"Yes, they were the ones with no lands and Lord Irwin had sent them." Bert said, carefully choosing his words but inside his heart howled.

The beard man took out his sword as Bert felt his heart reach to his throat. "This one has some great meat in him," he said as he patted the slave with his sword. The slave indeed had a great amount of muscles and even though he was seated on the ground with his hair all ruffled and wearing a rugged cloth, his large body wasn't avoidable.

"M-meat?" Bert asked, his voice quivering.

Both of them laughed and said, "You think, we eat them?" He laughed again as he put down his sword and said, "No, no, no. We will sell them at a great price."

Bert gulped as he asked, "What was the ruckus happening in Rockdelia?"

The knight resisted not to look surprised as they might have heard about everything that was happening in the city.

"Ruckus?"

"Yes, we heard some dragon Prince will give them food and take care of the city." The man stated, "What was the name again, Prince Billard."

Bert released a sigh as they still hadn't heard of the other Prince's doing. And now he had to be careful not to spill the beans.

"Oh, yes. Apparently, The Dragon nation's Prince's eyes fell on the poor city but it doesn't seem like they would be able to take care of all of its people."

The man with the beard laughed. "Of course! What could a Prince from faraway land do?"

"Y-yes..." A nervous chuckle left from his mouth as he recalled what a Prince from faraway land can do...

Knight Bert nodded as the man stretched his hands for the rope. He gave it and the beard man took his hand as he looked in it, "You are sweating, man."

His eyes sharpened as Bert bit his tongue. He had been very nervous and now he had no idea what he would say. "I seemed to sweat a lot."

It didn't seem he was satisfied with the answer as his eyes washed over all of them with doubts visible in them.

"Oi, Ranga." The thin man behind him called the bearded man, "You are taking too long. Captain would be furious."

Ranga rolled his eyes and shouted, "I'm trying to count the slaves!"

"Then do it fast!"

Ranga huffed rather irritatedly as he let go of his hand and took the rope. He looked at the other three knights and they gave them the ropes as well. He nodded and said, "We will come back in a fortnight."