✔XLVI - Lucky Cursed Prince

Casian's eyes glinted as Sera stepped back a little. He smiled, the hood of darkness disappearing as he stepped in the moonlight.

"No. I wasn't lonely..." Sera said, "I was just enjoying the view. It's beautiful."

Casian's eyes gazed at the sea as he nodded, "It indeed is." He seemed strange as he didn't have that sly vibe in him or any of that look that screamed of his ill intentions. He seemed normal as he stood beside Sera.

"It would have been better if Princess Demian came with you, wouldn't it?" He asked.

"Well, he is busy with work and I don't think he will come any time now." Sera said as her curl strands swung by the air. A few distance away, a few sailors' voices were coming, they were still working. She felt a bit lonely without him as her eyes gazed at the sea and Casian's presence wasn't capable of vanishing that feeling.

"Still, I think it would be a man's job to accompany their women at least to provide protection."

"Well, I don't need his protection."

Casian chuckled, "It's not about physical protection, Your Highness," he looked at her with an intense gaze as if it was burning, "All men like to protect what's theirs from watchful eyes and definitely stay strong in front of their women no matter how weak they are." Casian shrugged, "It comes naturally and I am certain, Your Highness must have felt that in Prince Demian as well." He smirked.

Sera looked at him with a blank face and tried to remember when Demian had done that. All she could remember him shouting at her, telling her not to poke her nose into his business and even he didn't take her here, she came herself. And more than that, he was trying to avoid her as much as possible. Was he ashamed of her as a princess of the human nation or maybe he didn't want her...

What was she thinking! There wasn't anything like that between them and she was here only to protect him as she was tasked to do. Because in just three weeks, she will be going back to her home.

As Seraphina didn't say anything Casian said diverting the conversation, "Well, putting that aside, I really liked the sword style you showed me today." He cast her a smile, "My master is XY. And up until now I had heard he is one of the top great swordsmen in this world so when you defeated me, I was shocked."

"I didn't defeat you. You haven't used your skills to the fullest."

He chuckled, "You saw through it. I'm flattered."

He released a sigh, "Well, I didn't think it would be needed but now I think, I underestimated you."

Sera tried to find any suspicion behind his actions but it seemed he was genuinely interested in swordsman skills.

"Yes, you should never underestimate even if your opponent is weak." Sera said, remembering Merlene's words.

Casian seemed a bit shocked as he stated, "That's exactly what my master's words were."

"Really?" Sera asked surprisingly, "I suppose, it's every master's words."

They both nodded and Casian asked, "Princess Seraphina, I would like to meet your master."

"She isn't my master." She scratched the back of her head, "more like my elder sister."

Casian took her hand as Sera was surprised at his sudden action. "Would you introduce me to her someday?" He looked at her with a pair of excited eyes and Sera found unable to refuse him.

"Err...okay," she mumbled and looked away thinking that would never happen at least in this life. Maybe sometime in the far future but not now.

"Your Highness is very considerate-" Casian was cut off as a man collided against him, his sack flew to where Seraphina stood. Casian was fast as he came near Sera and the sack of goods collided behind his back.